Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone up for a game of 'There I said it' - pettiest hill you're willing to die on

(459 Posts)
WhereDoAllTheWildThingsGo Fri 23-Jun-17 17:15:52

Hopefully anything is game within the talk guidelines that unequivocally expresses your opinion on something.

It might be the hottest June since the stone age or whatever but FGS keep your torso covered.

Leggings are not a substitute for trousers.

Real women can also be a size 6, or whatever other size they happen to be.

Away to you...

stopfightingandtidyupthismess Fri 23-Jun-17 20:17:46

I've got some!

Put your cigarette butts in the damn bin properly, don't just flick them near it!

Pick up after your dogs!

DarthMaiden Fri 23-Jun-17 20:36:34

Buy a bra that fits and doesn't give you 4 boobs

Don't wear original choice shoes and think you look quirky and cool - they look hideous

roselondoner Fri 23-Jun-17 20:44:35

Don't stop dead in the middle of a bloody pavement.

Don't walk in a row along a pavement with every Tom dick and Harry you happen to be with that day

If I smile at you casually on the street - SMILE BACK or I feel like a Northern twat stuck in London

Oh god I have many more, I'll be back

Fingermoose Fri 23-Jun-17 20:49:22

Chew. With. Your. Mouth. Closed.

QueenofLouisiana Fri 23-Jun-17 20:53:26

People who live in the country want to get places, don't slow down your sodding car to 15 mph every time you see a sheep/ field/ tree. <breathe>

SleepWhatSleep1 Fri 23-Jun-17 20:54:03

Do NOT Witter "it's ok he's friendly" as your dog bounds over to my terrified DD after I've asked you to call him back "because she's scared of dogs". Friendly dogs are terrifying fir her you clueless fuckwit because they jump up and luck etc!

And pick up your damned dog crap off the pavement before my 5 yo treads in it, I tread in it or wheel the buggy through it. Nice.

NoCapes Fri 23-Jun-17 20:54:44

Stop sticking gigantic flowers on your babies head that are bigger than her face - they're pointless and ridiculous
And while we're on it, stop putting babies in fucking tu-tus and big froo froo dresses, they spend their life asleep and/or lay down, they need to be comfortable ffs!!

YesMadamDeputySpeaker Fri 23-Jun-17 20:56:44

I find this is the thread I've been looking for my whole life. I'll be back in a minute, once I've selected a few..

SleepWhatSleep1 Fri 23-Jun-17 21:02:37

And stop giving out bloody sweets at school. It's either someone's birthday, orstudent teachers moving placement, or pta fundraising. Today I didn't mind the Eid sweets (Mubarak) but I wish they'd ban birthday sweets. It's getting ridiculous.

CustardOmlet Fri 23-Jun-17 21:06:36

Your new born does not look cute in designer gear, it looks like an old man with dementia.

And on that matter, your children are not your "squad", grow up and act like a parent.

If you are going to enter into a professional qualification course, please do not expect everyone to organise your life and studies, be an adult and take responsibility for yourself.

YesMadamDeputySpeaker Fri 23-Jun-17 21:12:30

Stop referring to me as 'Mrs'. It's 'Dr'. Not by profession, but I have a doctorate, and one I worked my arse off for too.

Stop walking at a snails' pace in front of me. Especially if you're a tourist. I am an extremely busy woman and it makes me want to push you over.

Stop assuming every woman wants her 'hair played with and back tickled'. If you tried to do any of these with me you will most likely get a slap in the face.

I have many, many more but I feel I've channelled too much anger and need a lie down. In my defence, it's been a loooong week grin

spectacularvelvet Fri 23-Jun-17 21:13:11

Stop voicing your flipping barky dogs... they aren't your children, they don't make conversation and I'm not interested!

YesMadamDeputySpeaker Fri 23-Jun-17 21:13:15

If you are going to enter into a professional qualification course, please do not expect everyone to organise your life and studies, be an adult and take responsibility for yourself.

YES.

noblegiraffe Fri 23-Jun-17 21:14:30

The thing you use to draw circles is a pair of compasses. The thing you use to find north is a compass. If you take a compass into your maths exam it's not going to be much use.

monkeyfacegrace Fri 23-Jun-17 21:16:03

PP, it's Irregular Choice shoes, not Original choice.

If you're gunna slate them at least get their name right....grin

TieGrr Fri 23-Jun-17 21:16:10

Stop using Facebook like your own personal therapy journal. You attention seeking PITA.

hudyerwheesht Fri 23-Jun-17 21:26:09

No, I don't want to contribute to the teacher's bloody collection- fuck off.

I mean, I will because I don't want to seem a tight ass but....

YesMadamDeputySpeaker Fri 23-Jun-17 21:29:16

I adore Irregular Choice shoes..

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, STOP USING 'OF' INSTEAD OF 'HAVE'. IT'S NOT COULD OF, SHOULD OF, OR WOULD OF, IT'S COULD HAVE - AS IN YOU SHOULD HAVE PAID ATTENTION IN SCHOOL AND YOU COULD HAVE LEARNT THIS RIGHT!

OK, I need a breather..

helpimitchy Fri 23-Jun-17 21:31:11

Stop being hysterical and frightened of every damn insect you happen to encounter.

Eminybob Fri 23-Jun-17 21:32:22

YY to Facebook.
NO ONE FUCKING CARES!!!

Don't go right up my arse as I follow a tractor up the most dangerous road in Britain, I am not going to overtake it as I value my life.

General public, have a bit of awareness of the world around you please, there other people in it tying to go about their day.

Teepish Fri 23-Jun-17 21:32:49

Stop taking fucking selfies and talking about your self self SELF my GODDDD. YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER THAN TO NEED THIS CONSTANT ATTENTION AND REASSURANCE.

smile

FeiYenKansu Fri 23-Jun-17 21:33:15

Pick your feet up. I see many people slop slop slipping along and it drives me mad!

That nude lipstick might suit J Lo and her exotic skin tone but on your pale freckly face and bloodless lips you look like a corpse.

Furry mules belong indoors not for going shopping in or to a restaurant.

YesMadamDeputySpeaker Fri 23-Jun-17 21:36:02

Stop using 'wee' as a description of your night or day out. I'm aware this is maybe a solely Scottish thing, but ffs, please do not post about your 'good wee day out with the kids', or that you 'need a wee night out soon!'. Just don't.

Mummatron3000 Fri 23-Jun-17 21:39:13

sleepwhatsleep YES! I fucking hate that, why do some dog owners assume everyone is going to love their fucking hairy mucky mutt covered in drool leaping at their little ones?! Grrr.

For me, I'd like to say that there is no need to fill every silence with you wittering one about inane rubbish - I'd prefer the silence thanks.

Also, there is no need to play music out in your garden so that everyone else can hear it - stop making your crap music intrude into my personal space!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now