Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

eBay auction : refuses to sell

(19 Posts)
Howlandbreathe Sat 17-Jun-17 14:54:00

So I bid and won on an auction last week and paid promptly.

Yesterday after 5 days of non communication I sent a gentle enquiry as to the whereabouts

My reply today was that she is very sorry but she wants to cancel the auction as I got it too cheap !

I half expected this tbh... but I'm irritated

What are me best steps to ensure I get all my money back and negative review s

tectonicplates Sat 17-Jun-17 14:55:55

Tbh I don't know if you can achieve both. If you leave bad feedback first, she might not refund you.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 17-Jun-17 14:57:46

Open a dispute via eBay and you will get a full refund. Then report.

kernowgal Sat 17-Jun-17 14:57:55

I'd raise it with Ebay. She should have put a reserve on the item if she didn't want to sell it for less than £X. Tough tits. I'd have thought she's breaking her contract if she refuses to send it.

Howlandbreathe Sat 17-Jun-17 15:01:26

Says is breaking her contract I agree but it's tough tits really isn't it as you can't force someone to send it to me.

Howlandbreathe Sat 17-Jun-17 15:03:53

I can't find the report option - but I'm on my phone app so maybe I need to look on the computer later as I think not all the options are available on the app ?

tectonicplates Sat 17-Jun-17 15:06:33

Btw, this is why I now sell all my stuff as Buy it Now instead of auctions. I just list it at the price I actually want.

Howlandbreathe Mon 19-Jun-17 21:05:26

Still not got my money shock

There were only 2 options, I want to cancel / I want the item ( which I selected )

Looks like the seller can just get away with it, cancel with no consequences... grr

BadLad Mon 19-Jun-17 23:41:54

The seller was silly to say that - she could have claimed it was damaged when she went to post it, apologised, and offered you a full refund. Impossible to prove that she was lying.

I read about someone doing that at Christmas, when money was tight. They'd "sell" an expensive item, get the cash, and then a week or so later explain to the buyer that the item was damaged. A few days later, a refund would follow. Hey presto, an interest-free loan from Dec 20th to Dec pay day.

followTheyellowbrickRoad Tue 20-Jun-17 00:23:22

If you refuse to cancel you will still get your money back and the seller won't get the final value fees refunded so they do lose out

Kingoftheroad Tue 20-Jun-17 01:30:17

This is one of the reasons I stopped using eBay so many unreasonable buyers and sellers.

If you report this to eBay they will suspend the amount from her account so she will not be paid, it will stay like this until she resolves the matter. Hope it resolves quickly

HulkJuice Tue 20-Jun-17 01:47:06

Well I think you have to look at it this way... if the item was yours would you sell it for the price that the highest bidder won it for?

Tell her if she doesn't refund you your money asap you will have no choice but to open a claim via PayPal and leave bad feedback, saying that will most probably make her do it instantly.

I wouldn't risk leaving her bad feedback because she might do the same to you.

I've also stopped using eBay point being buyers want high end items for next to nothing.

And PayPal always side with the buyer no matter what.

MyOtherNameIsTaken Tue 20-Jun-17 07:02:19

Threatening bad feedback is against eBay rules and can be reported as such to eBay. Sellers cannot leave anything but positive feedback. A case is already open in eBay which the seller as yet hasn't responded to.

The seller should have either made the opening bid cost price the minimum that she wanted or set a reserve. Opening bid price does not affect the insertion fees you pay (plus most people get free listings, I get 100 per day!)

Hopefully the seller has now refunded.

AdalindSchade Tue 20-Jun-17 07:06:34

You have to open a case and say item not received. Unless she cancels the transaction in which case you just accept the cancellation.

Howlandbreathe Tue 20-Jun-17 14:07:10

I've opened a case.

I didn't want to accept the cancellation - and I'd like them to have to pay their fees petty

Nothing heard yet - so I'll just wait and sit it out.

SistersOfPercy Tue 20-Jun-17 14:47:01

I wouldn't risk leaving her bad feedback because she might do the same to you

Sellers haven't been able to leave negative feedback for buyers for about 5 years now.
Seller needs to realise you list for the lowest price you're willing to accept or things like this may happen.

how you need to open an item not received case. It will take about a week but you'll get your refund and you'll get to leave negative feedback. Just be careful how you word it so it doesn't get removed by eBay.

Howlandbreathe Tue 20-Jun-17 14:58:22

Thanks sisters that's reassuring.

I can wait... I don't really care about retaliation as I don't sell much If anything, so she'd get bored very quickly if she were stalking me for something to buy on the off chance to create a fuss.

I think she's just an inexperienced seller who hasn't really got a clue, but hopefully she's learning pretty quickly

Howlandbreathe Tue 20-Jun-17 15:29:37

Right... I'm s bit confused now

2 cases are open

First saying seller wants to cancel the transaction which when clicked on says the seller cancelled my order and set a refund . We will send a confirmation email soon ( haven't) and no further options

2nd is case I openedsaying I have to received it yet

Now having a bit of a wobble ...

Howlandbreathe Tue 20-Jun-17 15:35:34

So it looks like as she got in first with her cancellation she will automatically get her fees back - if I'd done an item not received she wouldn't.

Money not in my account but I guess it will be in a weeks time when not received case is hopefully In my favour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now