Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Did anyone just *know* that they're pregnant?

(68 Posts)
starsshinebright Fri 19-May-17 07:19:30

I've had 6 previously pregnancies, all unfortunately ending in miscarriage.

I'm now 8dpo, and just feel pregnant. I can't put my finger on what it is that's making me feel like it but I'm so confident.

Has anyone else just had a gut feeling, and it went on to be accurate?!

MissWimpyDimple Fri 19-May-17 07:22:07

Yes absolutely. I have only ever taken one test, which was accurate and resulted in DD.

had never felt the need before to do a test so I really knew.

Waterlemon Fri 19-May-17 07:24:43

Sorry to hear of your losses.

With ds1 I just knew. I had lots of period symptoms but no period and my urine smelt of rocket fuel.

However with ds2 I was about 10 weeks before I even realised!

Witchend Fri 19-May-17 07:28:56

The only time I did at that point, I wasn't. Sorry.
However when I actually was I started being sick from about 10dpo (and sickness lasted until.about 2houes after labour)

Lolimax Fri 19-May-17 07:30:13

Sorry for your losses. Yes I knew, every time.

PollytheDolly Fri 19-May-17 07:36:55

Both my pregnancies I had a dream about cracking an egg and the yolk was red.

Well first time gave me an inkling, second time I knew then.

Weird, I know.

yaela123 Fri 19-May-17 07:37:23

Nope, I felt completely normal every time and only took a test when my period was really late. The symptoms all came later.

mistermagpie Fri 19-May-17 07:40:08

Yes I've 'known' both times. I'm not sure how or why (no symptoms) but when I've taken the tests I've just known they would be positive.

Mrsemcgregor Fri 19-May-17 07:40:26

I felt odd the day I got my BFP with ds2. I couldn't put my finger on it, I didn't feel pregnant but I certainly felt different.

neversleepagain Fri 19-May-17 07:40:27

Sorry for your losses flowers

Yes I knew at 7dpo. I felt different. Bfp at 9dp. Had twins 7 months later.

mistermagpie Fri 19-May-17 07:40:53

Oh and I'm sorry for your losses, six must be heartbreaking.

DoubleCarrick Fri 19-May-17 07:44:00

Yep, I've known both times. 6mc must be hideous. You poor thing flowers I also had a dream when I was six weeks about losing a baby. Had a subsequent mmc after a scan identified baby stopped developing at six weeks
With ds, I dreamt that I told him to "go" if he wasn't going to stay. I had a bleed the very next day. Had him checked and all was healthy and he's four months now.

Proper spooky, I think

PollytheDolly Fri 19-May-17 07:56:38

Oh and good luck OP. Fingers crossed for you x

DoubleCarrick Fri 19-May-17 07:58:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DoubleCarrick Fri 19-May-17 07:59:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IreneWinters Fri 19-May-17 08:11:37

Yes, both times. With DD1, my boobs were agony and my nipples changed shape! I waited to test until I was definitely late, but I already knew it would be positive. DD2's conception was not entirely consensual on my part. I looked at myself in the mirror after it happened and just knew that I would be pregnant. Fuck knows how I could possibly know that, just seconds after, but I was right.

Sorry for your losses OP. I hope your feeling is right about this time. flowers

Savingfavour120 Fri 19-May-17 08:23:16

Sorry about your losses. It's heartbreaking. I knew both times. First one just before I tested and was a successful pregnancy. Second one at 5dpo. Sadly it failed to progress beyond 6 weeks.

Imps9 Fri 19-May-17 08:31:40

Yes - it wasn't a gut feeling really though as I felt implantation (a very gentle tapping feeling which lasted for a day, followed by strong period pains in the evening) on 5 DPO. It was my 5th pregnancy (the others didn't last sadly) and I'd felt the same in all but 2 of them (one was an ectopic so obvs the feelings were different). I got a clear BFP on 9 DPO, and squinters on 7 and 8 DPO.

I knew the tests would be positive, but because of physical feelings rather than a gut feeling, if that makes sense. Happily that pregnancy lasted and DS is now 6.5 months old smile

Best of luck to you OP flowers

EdmundCleverClogs Fri 19-May-17 08:38:03

I'm so sorry for your losses, I can't begin to imagine how difficult that must be flowers.

With my one that ended in MMC, I think I was one day late. I was usually bang on time so it was a shock. I never had any real symptoms, only a constant backache that stopped around 6-7 weeks (started bleeding at 10).

Next pregnancy, actually it was quite odd. I had an weird feeling my friend was about to tell me she was pregnant, and I thought I should do a test myself (about 11 dpo). It was a very faint positive, literally a couple of hours later said friend texted me she was pregnant. We had our children within a couple of weeks of each other.

Currently 6 weeks pregnant. Started having really vivid dreams that woke me up a few days after conception. By 10dpo I was having some pretty pinchy cramps, I actually did a test as I thought that would speed up my period arriving! It gave an inconclusive result, so my partner was sent out to buy more, by that afternoon I had a definite answer.

Roomba Fri 19-May-17 09:23:53

I'm sorry for your previous losses, OP.

I had an odd experience with DC1 - Despite having my period the week before, I had a really vivid dream where I told my colleague I was pregnant. In the dream, she asked how far along I was and I replied 'Oh, only 6 weeks'. I was laughing as I told my partner the next morning - he said 'What if you are though?' I said it wasn't possible but did an old test I had just to show I was right - yep, BFP! And I was six weeks pregnant. Your brain knows well before you do, generally.

Mind you, I dreamed a scan showed he was a baby leopard after that... so maybe my experience means nothing grin

Ekphrasis Fri 19-May-17 09:56:12

I'm so sorry for your losses.

Yes - at 7dpo an egg tasted really odd. 'Off' despite being fresh. But I'd had an idea earlier on as there was a lot of cramping a few days after what temps and tests said was ovulation. I tested on day 9 and got a 'quite clear squinter' on a Sainsbury's cheapie. Sadly I mc at 7 weeks but it was so obvious that I was preg very early on. It was my second, (my first gave us our lovely son) so I do wonder if that makes a difference. Also got that mild cold thing early on, I'm sure before the positive test. I had that with my son too.

NewStateswoman Fri 19-May-17 10:00:04

Yes, I had woken up, was just lying in bed dozing, when I suddenly knew I wasn't alone. I just knew there was another soul in the room with me.

I'm not a woo person and I can't explain it, but I've got tears in my eyes as I type this because it was such a moment of absolute clarity.

ElsaMars Fri 19-May-17 10:06:56

Absolutely. I always get the same symptoms (1 child, pregnant 3 times) but I just 'knew' that I was this month, despite only having sex once! blush I'm not remotely surprised when I test. Good luck.

NellieFiveBellies Fri 19-May-17 10:09:08

i did. both times. it was the strangest feeling. i just one day became acutely aware of my womb confused only way i can describe it. and based on my dates it must have been at implantation. i just kept thinking of it, feeling it . like its something you can feel!! i dont know. it sounds nuts but i absolutely knew someone was in there.

Holz657 Fri 19-May-17 10:24:35

I swear I knew when I was 2 weeks, my first pregnancy but I just felt different, can't really explain it. Took a test when I was 3 weeks, negative but took again when I was 4 and there was that little positive. It's a strange feeling but I definitely knew.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now