Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Most people get a mouse brought to them off a cat, no?

(13 Posts)
SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 21-Apr-17 13:28:50

Not me. No cat here. Random friend of DS wanders in holding a little mouse by the tail asking if I like mice, then drops the bugger in the hallway!!

LUCKILY FOR ME I'm not scared of them and for the first time in months was fucking quick on my feet and cornered it. Yelling for someone to fetch a vessle to pop it in so I could return it to my garden from where it came.

I don't mind it in my garden. It's a sweet little bugger who has been sneak feeding my peanuts out the feeders. I am happy with that but not inside my house thank you very much.

The random friend shall now be known as cat boy.

grin

fucksakenethuns Fri 21-Apr-17 13:30:43

You should probably get your eyeliner out and put some whiskers on cat boy just to let people know.

Fink Fri 21-Apr-17 13:34:21

Wow, that was quick of both of you being able to catch it ... unless it's a very geriatric mouse! I have tried numerous times to catch mice when we've had infestations, never succeeded.

BarbaraofSeville Fri 21-Apr-17 13:34:34

Can I borrow Cat Boy please? My cats bring me lots of mice, some of which are alive, and they let them go in the house, so I have to spend ages trying to catch them.

A small agile child who obviously has a talent for such tasks sounds like exactly what I need.

fucksakenethuns Fri 21-Apr-17 13:36:06

House mice - street smart and fairly uncatchable

Field mice - friendly unassuming and fairly catchable

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 21-Apr-17 13:36:31

He is a stray cat boy. He is beingbreturned to his rightful owner around tea time after having a sleep over here last night. I want to know how he managed to catch it!? Every time I go out to take a picture it darts off!

MuffinMad Fri 21-Apr-17 14:55:00

This is what our cat brought in this morning.

He's holding it like a teddy!

bigtapdancingpimp Fri 21-Apr-17 15:46:33

MuffinMad your boy looks so proud of himself and mousie looks so content there snuggled in his paws wink

OP Cat Boy sounds ace grin Once Barbara has finished with him could you send him my way to round up some lizards that may be hiding under my furniture?

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 21-Apr-17 16:01:58

I will forward you details on to cat boys Mum grin

Honest I still can't believe he managed to catch it. Then had the brass neck to drop it in the house. His mum was shock when I told her. grin

paddypants13 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:01:33

Paddycat brings gifts of live mice and baby rabbits, I always manage to catch the buggers, I am surprisingly nimble! There was a memorable occasion when one ran up my sleeve and made itself at home in my armpit. Luckily I am not at all scared of them, in fact I think they're adorable.

Badcat666 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:12:01

At least he didn't bring it in, yell at you loudly several times, Nick it from you and then eat the top half and leave you to snack on its arse end.

Yes marmite cat I'm looking at you, you bastard.

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Fri 21-Apr-17 17:21:00

The boy in the next flat to me once dragged home a small, very dead shark. His mum, weirdly enough, screamed a bit and told him to get rid. He brought it round and left it in our laundry. Again, weirdly, my mum wasn't chuffed.

SheWhoDaresGins2 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:24:40

Ha ha ha Badcat

He did run away after he dropped it leaving me to run up to prevent the dog (JRT who loves ratting) catching the poor mite and ending it's life.

I actually need to give the mouse a name. Seeing as his feet were over the threashold I now consider him a pet.

Hmmmmmm 🤔

Brian for no reason what so ever I just like the name. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now