Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Things people do that you don't understand?

(391 Posts)
DeanaPiana Tue 18-Apr-17 21:42:15

For me, it has to be...

Putting a bowel into a perfectly good sink and washing up from said bowl shock

Not having hand soap in the kitchen.

Colour tinted loo rolls.

Subway.. Just why? I can make a sandwich at home.

Post about my finances/money issues all over FB.

Washing whites with any colour. Absolute rage.

Not shaving (comfort reasons, I canny stand feeling hairy but understand this one is very personal).

Vanilla ice-cream from the ice cream man. No, no, no. It has to be lemon ice.

Bling/adding blind and loving 'a bit of bling'

Probably loads more but I'm bored and need inspiration as to where to direct my rage grin

PurpleDaisies Tue 18-Apr-17 21:43:41

Putting a bowel into a perfectly good sink and washing up from said bowl

Putting bowels in with your washing up is a terrible idea.

Snap8TheCat Tue 18-Apr-17 21:44:10

Bowel???

Snap8TheCat Tue 18-Apr-17 21:45:20

Subway- presumably they aren't stood right next to their house when they are hungry and therefore Sunway is a next best option.

justdontevenfuckingstart Tue 18-Apr-17 21:45:32

See I don't have a problem with putting your bowel in the sink...Brown sauce on a bacon roll? Get out of my house!

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 18-Apr-17 21:45:47

People who stop in a queue of traffic a good 10 metres behind the car in front then spend the duration of the traffic jam/red light slowly creeping up until they are behind the car infront. Just use your fucking judgement and come to a stop behind the car in the first place!

DeanaPiana Tue 18-Apr-17 21:45:48

Auto correct! I meant Bowl blush

DameSquashalot Tue 18-Apr-17 21:49:49

Maybe I would feel different if I had a car, but driving to school when you live about 7 mins away on foot and sometimes end up having to park midway between home and school.

Obviously fine if you have trouble walking, but it just seems like more hassle to me...

Iamastonished Tue 18-Apr-17 21:51:35

Washing wine glasses in a granite sink without a washing up bowl. The risk of breakage is too high.

I hate sandwiches that I have been carrying around for half a day and prefer them freshly made.

Back at you OP grin

lampygirl Tue 18-Apr-17 21:52:00

Ineed in an auto car you crawl forward if you don't put it in park. I'm more likely to judge a point where i can let it crawl forwards if it's just at traffic lights which you know are about to change etc than coming to a complete stop.

I dont understand people who don't tidy as they go and also people who use buggies to carry shopping while toddler meanders along slowly next to buggy. Either walk slowly but not taking up a buggys worth of space in the shops or put child in buggy and move at a sensible pace.

DeanaPiana Tue 18-Apr-17 21:52:48

Iamastonished blush

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Tue 18-Apr-17 21:54:11

People who don't say please or thanks. Twats.

Devilishpyjamas Tue 18-Apr-17 21:55:52

Vote Tory :topical:

Iamastonished Tue 18-Apr-17 21:57:55

On a serious note, people who blow hot and cold. They want to be your friend one day and the next time they see you they blank you. Why?

punkpuffin Tue 18-Apr-17 21:58:34

Yes to washing up bowls. What's the point?

DeanaPiana Tue 18-Apr-17 21:59:25

Just don't give people the time of day if they're like that Iamastonished

If they ask why you're acting off, enquire why they sometimes seem to go from hot and cold all the time. They'll soon fix up

Bluntness100 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:59:38

Honestly, it drives me nuts folks who seem to come onto threads simply to agree with the op, as they feel mumsnet is about unquestioning support irrelevant of how out of line the poster is being. Even though the op is clearly deranged and acting appallingly they still say "I'm with you op". And I just think, "no you're not, you can't be, no rationale person would be"

In real life however very little irritates me, I honestly don't give enough of a shit most of the time, and it flies completely over my head. Even if I do spot it, I forget about it ten seconds later.

DameSquashalot Tue 18-Apr-17 21:59:46

Lampy - every time I have a big tidy up I vow to "do it as I go along from now on" but it just doesn't happen. I annoy myself 😡

Cellardoor23 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:00:10

Yes to please and thank you.

People who stand really close behind me in queues.

The whole hashtag thing on fb.

CakeNinja Tue 18-Apr-17 22:01:57

Watch sport on tv.
Any sharing of relationship difficulties or issues on Facebook/social media in general.
Have pets grin
Going on holiday to the same place year after year.

Just to add, I do actually understand the reasons people may do these, I just find it odd!

AyeAyeFishyPie Tue 18-Apr-17 22:02:05

Drivers who speed up to overtake when there is a queue of traffic just ahead so they then need to brake.

People who over clean (actual disorders aside - I got in trouble last time I said something similar on here).

Tessticklesyourfancy Tue 18-Apr-17 22:02:22

People who drive the smallest distance to the shop, post office etc then complain about how long it takes to find somewhere to park. Walk!!! I promise it won't kill you angry
people who don't clean up after their dogs
People who drop litter
People who walk around blued to their phones and don't watch where they're walking.
Ohh I feel better now grin

EggysMom Tue 18-Apr-17 22:03:14

People who turn any thread that mentions disabilities into a game of disability top trumps ...

DeanaPiana Tue 18-Apr-17 22:03:35

Have to say I don't see a lot of the "I agree with you OP", Mumsnet can be terribly one sided.

I don't like people standing close to me in queues but equally cannot stand people standing so far apart that they havee questioning where the line starts/order it is in/if said person is in the queue.

DameSquashalot Tue 18-Apr-17 22:03:43

Yes to slow walkers glued to phones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now