Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

My partners a Tom Hardy and I'm well, me.

(63 Posts)
SchnitzelVonCrumb Tue 21-Mar-17 00:14:52

Names used are not real

Anyone else have a partner that is significantly better looking than they are?

Or

Are you the Tom in your relationship?

Takeheed Tue 21-Mar-17 00:18:20

What a horrible way to think about yourself.
I have no idea who is significantly better looking.
Yuk.

WorraLiberty Tue 21-Mar-17 00:18:28

Why? Is it causing a problem?

Do you have low self esteem?

Genuine questions btw as you've given no background.

CheeseQueen Tue 21-Mar-17 00:20:38

Oh, blimey. I can honestly say it's never entered my head who is the better looking of the two of us!
From my point of view - why would that even be an issue who is the "better looking?"
I'm me, he's him, we love each other, who cares what we look like lol

ginghambox Tue 21-Mar-17 00:21:24

If your partner looks like Tom Hardy you must be the looker in the partnership.

TheHiphopopotamus Tue 21-Mar-17 00:21:57

gingham gringrin

ZilphasHatpin Tue 21-Mar-17 00:22:52

shock @gingham!!

phoolani Tue 21-Mar-17 00:25:24

I am defo the looker in our relationship. I don't even need to think about it 😬😬

ginghambox Tue 21-Mar-17 00:26:11

Sorry don't get Mr Hardy wink

user1469751309 Tue 21-Mar-17 00:39:25

I am the ugly one in me and my OH relationship and we both know it but I bring other things to the table like brains ect

Redglitter Tue 21-Mar-17 00:43:20

I just don't get the appeal of him at all

Tangfastics Tue 21-Mar-17 00:44:53

Women are always better looking aren't they?? 🤣

WaegukSaram Tue 21-Mar-17 00:51:19

I'm the Steve Buscemi in my relationship.

MDFalco Tue 21-Mar-17 00:54:10

I'm the Steve Buscemi in my relationship.
I'd take Steve Buscemi over Tom Hardy, any day of the week.

PerspicaciaTick Tue 21-Mar-17 00:56:02

I'm assuming that Tom Hardy doesn't take a good photo because the ones I found in google images aren't very flattering.

IHeartDodo Tue 21-Mar-17 00:57:42

I think we're about equal - I'm not sure I'd be as comfortable with someone significantly more /less attractive than I am.
Same goes for intelligence imo, and stuff like tidiness.

WaegukSaram Tue 21-Mar-17 01:02:20

I'd take Steve Buscemi over Tom Hardy, any day of the week.

Actually, me too. Not sure if that makes me narcissistic! Have always been drawn to "different" looking people, Tom Hardy looks quite generic to me, I can never remember his face.

TheGaleanthropist Tue 21-Mar-17 01:06:47

Went on date with a Tom Hardy once. Well, more of a dark Robert Redford, 6'3" to boot.

Every female head turned when we walked into the restaurant. Waitress asked me if he was my husband when he went to the loo. Then hit on him when he came back after I said no. Woman at next table asked him if was enjoying his steak...in short I've never seen so many fluttered lashes, quivering lips and thrust bosoms in my whole life as I did that dinner. I was starting to wonder whether I could handle women openly hitting on him right in front of me but he did seem oblivious so I brushed it off

He was gobsmacked though when we hit a club later that night. I was a really good dancer in my day and he said "You're a good dancer, I notice you're getting a lot more attention from the opposite sex on the dance floor than I am and I'm not used to that". I was pretty uncomfortable with that, it just seemed like he needed to be the center of attention all the time. I realized that would be just no end of trouble.

He couldn't believe it when I said we should just be friends, pursued me for a bit.

NancyWake Tue 21-Mar-17 01:07:45

Don't find him attractive at all. Reminds me of Olly Murs.

Generally people categorise looks hierarchically when they're insecure, it doesn't mean anything at all. I'm sure you're lovely looking.

BreakfastLunchPasta Tue 21-Mar-17 01:08:04

Agreed IHeart; usually people choose or end up with a partner equal to them.

Why do you ask OP?

highinthesky Tue 21-Mar-17 01:09:47

I don't understand Tom Hardy's popularity. Has he been in something?

BreakfastLunchPasta Tue 21-Mar-17 01:11:37

Maybe he's been on mumsnet starting this thread 😬

MDFalco Tue 21-Mar-17 01:16:02

Have always been drawn to "different" looking people, Tom Hardy looks quite generic to me, I can never remember his face
Couldn't agree with you more. I had seen Tom Hardy in several things, and he made no impact on me, and later, when he was getting all the publicity, had to check stills to see who he was in the films.

Steve Buscemi, on the other hand, is always interesting and compelling, even at his most snivelling. He is clever enough to take roles that make him memorable (or is gifted enough to make them memorable).

Just as a side point - he was a fireman when he was trying to break into acting, and then volunteered/helped in New York after the Twin Towers went down.

Tangfastics Tue 21-Mar-17 01:18:31

I reckon my husband's punching above his weight (nods sagely)

ShoutOutToMyEx Tue 21-Mar-17 01:20:13

When we were younger, my friends would say DP was 'punching'. And I'm sure his friends said the same about me!

I never think about our 'attractiveness' to others nowadays though. I only care if he fancies me and sometimes I struggle to do that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now