Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

So Vipers- How do I deal with this cheeky, brassed neck cheekster?

(359 Posts)
FilmQuinoa Sun 19-Mar-17 14:37:47

I was approached a while ago to donate my services to a local charity which deals with a very worth while childrens' service. Many local people fund raise and its always had a high profile.

What I donated (photography shoot) was won by a lady we shall call "Donna"

"Donna" wasted no time in getting back to me and wanted a shoot very quickly as her husband was working away in a fortnight.
The shoot was last weekend and she didn't want a print either (offered as part of the package) Just edited images- which she received.

Yesterday I received an email from a lady called Donna who'd won the prize- she was wanting to book her session for the upcoming Easter break. confused

I told her I'd get back to her- spoke to the original fundraising lady and it transpires that the "Donna" I worked with is actually a person they know at the charity but would not give me details. They want me to honour the real booking with the real prize winner which I don't want to do. I feel really cheated and cannot understand how any of this could have happened.

I texted fake Donna and told her that since I have her image and need to identify her I'd probably be taking to social media to see who she is-

response "You're going to look really bad dragging the Charity's name into the dirt!"

WTF?

I'd say she had a good go doing that when she defrauding me of my time.

I've told the organiser she will have to deal with the real winner- I am fully booked and cannot give her a session and I feel this has all happened due to their mismanagement.

Any ideas?

Fake donna is no longer responding to texts and I don't want to be accused of harassment.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 19-Mar-17 14:43:05

This surpasses mexican house thief for most cheeky fucker. shock.

I'd go back to the organiser and give her massive grief about one of their employees nicking a prize.., if that's the case of course.

Howlandbreathe Sun 19-Mar-17 14:43:39

Bloody hell, so a fake Donna pinched the real Donnas prize ?

I don't think I'd do the whole social media shaming thing - they'd probably be an outroar human rights or data protection. The charity should be able to identify her from her photo no ?

So Once I knew who Fake Donna was I'd sent an invoice for the session

Real Donna I'd explain the issue to and apologise saying you will fit her in in 3 months or more. She'll probably forget

Can believe the cheek of some !

piknmixer Sun 19-Mar-17 14:44:04

I'd be pursuing her for the cost of a photoshoot to be honest - she's robbed someone of their prize and you of your time.

ChuckDaffodils Sun 19-Mar-17 14:45:35

"You're going to look really bad dragging the Charity's name into the dirt!"

Wow.

I'd refer Real Donna to the fundraiser and leave it. You did your bit.

Penfold007 Sun 19-Mar-17 14:46:06

So you have False Donna's mobile number and email? I'd inform her and the charity that you are reporting the fraud to police. Personally I would honour the prize with the real winner but I'd never support the charity again. What a horrible thing for FD to do.

Lweji Sun 19-Mar-17 14:46:32

I think the organiser should get fake Donna to pay the real winner for her prize.

bloodymaria Sun 19-Mar-17 14:46:47

oooh, the scoundrel! I'm not sure about putting anything on social media but definitely let the charity explain things to the real winner. Keep any and all correspondence from fake Donna in case you need it in the future.

FilmQuinoa Sun 19-Mar-17 14:48:18

Mexican house thief? Nope.

I did refer fake Donna to the fundraiser- they know her. They are being tight lipped about anything else.

I've donated several times over the years and every time Ive been handed the voucher and its a smooth as anything.

Was not expecting this confused

Data protection? Really?

I'd be telling Real Donna that Fake Donna was from the charity and had stolen her prize.

I would probably still do the session for Real Donna, as none of this is her fault.

MeepyMupp Sun 19-Mar-17 14:49:17

shock

TheElephantofSurprise Sun 19-Mar-17 14:49:23

Don't do another one. Do refer all Donnas to the fundraising organiser.

FilmQuinoa Sun 19-Mar-17 14:49:28

I have fake Donna's mobile number. I have yet to get back to real Donna.

Can I find out he name using her mobile number?

Lweji Sun 19-Mar-17 14:49:38

I think in future don't accept any bookings from charity winners without confirmation by the charity itself.

StiickEmUp Sun 19-Mar-17 14:49:50

If I read that right, please correct me, is the charity know it was stolen by someone and also knows them, but want you to do it again with the right winner?

Just say NO

TheElephantofSurprise Sun 19-Mar-17 14:50:11

Cross post. You have referred all Donnas. Well donna.

RandomMess Sun 19-Mar-17 14:50:25

shock

Sounds like fake Donna has form this, hence the charity realising what had happened. Hmm I'd speak to the police and see if she has technically committed a crime?

FilmQuinoa Sun 19-Mar-17 14:50:37

SDT- I don't have the time and as awful as it sounds I cannot afford to be giving my time/work away X2 .I have to pay for my dc sad

badabeedabom Sun 19-Mar-17 14:50:58

I'd be pursuing her for the cost of a photoshoot to be honest - she's robbed someone of their prize and you of your time.

This.

Not sure how you'd approach it in the UK, is it a civil matter or a criminal one?

I would pursue it though, on principle. Don't let yourself be fooled that stealing is OK just because it was a service that was stolen rather than goods.

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Sun 19-Mar-17 14:51:10

I would suggest that you tell the charity that you intend to report the matter to the Charity Commission.

StiickEmUp Sun 19-Mar-17 14:51:23

Put the mobile number into Facebook!

FilmQuinoa Sun 19-Mar-17 14:51:27

LWEJI

Fake Donna gave me the voucher card I had printed!

Lweji Sun 19-Mar-17 14:52:17

So, she stole it?

Donthate Sun 19-Mar-17 14:52:25

Go to the police. It's theft. Do the real shoot but don't help the charity again

StiickEmUp Sun 19-Mar-17 14:52:49

OMG fake Donna was a real pro ! What a knob

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now