Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Following on from the google earth thread - anyone else addicted to live webcams?!

(18 Posts)
glitterazi Fri 17-Feb-17 15:43:45

Love the google earth thread and I'll no doubt be losing more hours now. hmm grin
Is it just me or is anyone else into people watching on live webcams too?!
Abbey Road Crossing is a great one and full of plonkers holding up the traffic trying to recreate the iconic Beatles image.
Also the beach one with the extremely low flying aeroplanes that come over the beach.
Anyone got any other good ones? Hope it's not just me who's the people watching weirdo.... grin

glitterazi Fri 17-Feb-17 15:53:34

www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

CaptainCanary Fri 17-Feb-17 15:58:24

Jackson Hole town square on youtube. Not quite as much fun now the ice has melted and people aren't slipping across the road, but I still find myself watching daily.

Is the beach St Maarten? I didn't know that had a webcam, I'll have to start watching that now!

CaptainCanary Fri 17-Feb-17 16:00:01

Whoops, meant to say on Jackson Hole one you occasionally get a police car pull up (usually v late at night their time) and an officer might have a little dance for the camera grin I've never caught it live though, have just seen clips people have uploaded later!

FruSkogKattOla Fri 17-Feb-17 16:03:29

I love the Abbey Road one. I've been watching it, off-&-on, over the years thanks to a MNer who linked to it once!

I haven't seen any others - apart from when a friend went to Maderia, so I thought I'd view the Maderia webcam. It wasn't very interesting!

ghostyslovesheets Fri 17-Feb-17 16:06:15

I love these sites

zugspitze.de/en/news/weather/panoramakameras because I used to live on the top of it!

and well - badgers! www.simonkingwildlife.com/page/live-cams/badger-sett-exterior-1018

glitterazi Fri 17-Feb-17 16:08:10

Aw, doesn't look like the beach one at St Maarten is working anymore. Liked watching all the planes come down practically within touching distance sad

FruSkogKattOla Fri 17-Feb-17 16:14:00

I've just discovered that there's one for our local High Road - it's a TFL one! Although I don't think it's that good - I've just watched the same two people walking across the road about 10 times confused

CFSKate Fri 17-Feb-17 21:04:34

www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/webcam1

CFSKate Fri 17-Feb-17 21:05:58

www.skylinewebcams.com/en/top-live-cams.html

ghostyslovesheets Fri 17-Feb-17 21:14:34

ohhhh donkeys !

Iamastonished Fri 17-Feb-17 21:16:37

Since seeing the Northern Lights in Finland a couple of years ago I often have a look at the aurora webcams.

I'll grab my anorak on the way out.

elQuintoConyo Fri 17-Feb-17 21:22:44

I have that donkey one bookmarked from a thread last week - a fabulous donkey thread with luscious photos of happy donkeys smile

Stoneagemum Fri 17-Feb-17 21:24:05

I like the perranporth surf webcams, I've holidayed there on several occasions and it's my little time out to watch

CornflakeHomunculus Fri 17-Feb-17 21:35:15

This (my link) is a lovely one. A Canadian breeder doing a fabulous job of raising a litter of Newfoundland puppies.

Mare Stare (my link) has a great list of foaling cams as well.

(Any links appearing in this post other than those marked as my own have been inserted automatically by advertising software and may link to companies or products I would neither support nor recommend.)

PrancerForHoney Fri 17-Feb-17 21:38:16

I like one in my home town on the harbour. It cheers me up when I'm homesick. I also get my friends to text me when they're passing so I can watch them wave at me.

EastMidsGPs Fri 17-Feb-17 21:44:53

I get homesick for the place where I grew up and visit their webcams daily.
Sometimes my cousin texts me when she is nearby and them waves to me .. Gish I miss ' home'
I also spend too much time on the Table Mountain webcams and ones for Perth WA.

EastMidsGPs Fri 17-Feb-17 21:45:53

Oh Prance had not read your post when I typed mine.
You could be me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now