Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What are the perks to your job?

(243 Posts)
WheresTheEvidence Tue 14-Feb-17 20:42:09

I've just been chatting to a friend and perks of our jobs came up.

I'm a nanny so movie afternoons, cake baking eating , afternoons on the beach in the summer, the occasional 40 winks on one of my 13 hour days grin are definite perks [however being pooed on is a pitfall grin ]

So what are the perks of your job? Also do you have any power to give perks to others [my friend works as a waitress so often gives out discounts to her customers even if they don't have a code]

ssd Tue 14-Feb-17 20:44:44

free food

<checks waistline, maybe not a perk after all>

Juveniledelinquent Tue 14-Feb-17 20:46:19

I used to work on a Breast Unit at our local hospital. A perk I had was having a breast lump examined, the day I found it.

MrTumblesbitch Tue 14-Feb-17 20:47:27

Lovely bosses, totally flexible hours (my boss apologises if she ever has to call me after 3pm) can work from home in pj's. Nice car and fuel card. I love my job star (I'm a sales manager)

blamethecat Tue 14-Feb-17 20:47:29

Free glasses.

ShirazSavedMySanity Tue 14-Feb-17 20:47:48

I recently started working in a school. School holidays are definitely a perk!

AllTheLight Tue 14-Feb-17 20:47:57

8 weeks holiday a year

MrsMoastyToasty Tue 14-Feb-17 20:49:15

Flexitime, on site parking.

AlwaysTheWinner Tue 14-Feb-17 20:49:56

I don't have to start until 10am if I don't want to.
Erm...
That's it!

Aylish1993 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:50:22

65% off lots of high end Beauty brands, been put up in fancy hotels while training and loads of freebies!

Pyjamaface Tue 14-Feb-17 20:51:12

Free taxis to and from work

Ermm, I get a big dirty sauage and egg roll for my breakfast on a Saturday, and I can watch tv, listen to the radio, read magazines, doss about on the internet to fill my time if its quiet

mygrandchildrenrock Tue 14-Feb-17 20:52:56

13 weeks leave and working with lovely children all day long!

NoArmaniNoPunani Tue 14-Feb-17 20:53:46

Free toothpaste samples.

MrsBertMacklin Tue 14-Feb-17 20:53:55

Free breakfast, performance related holiday increases, profit related bonuses, health perks.

None of which offsets the culture of throwing middle managers under the bus and not ever feeling secure, always wondering if you will be next.

Apologies for the offloading.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Tue 14-Feb-17 20:55:44

I work for a very famous dance company as a director and get to watch the shows for free.

It's bloody marvelous.

That and seeing world class dancers wondering around in tights.

Tough life.

ArchNotImpudent Tue 14-Feb-17 20:55:53

35 days' holiday (in addition to bank hols). Company paid BUPA. Pension and death in service benefit. Concessionary prices on the company's products. No power to give perks to others.

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Tue 14-Feb-17 20:56:33

Roast dinners every Sunday 😂

wobblywonderwoman Tue 14-Feb-17 20:57:11

Perks - my two closest colleagues are absolutely fantastic and we have a great laugh most days

Very good hours that save money so childcare costs low

Very good holidays

It does challenge (though more than I want sometimes)

wobblywonderwoman Tue 14-Feb-17 20:57:49

Full pay six months maternity and all holidays

FourKidsNotCrazyYet Tue 14-Feb-17 20:58:23

I'm a SAHM so my perks are nursery and school wink

OutToGetYou Tue 14-Feb-17 21:00:36

Free biscuits and fruit on Tuesdays.

OccasionalNachos Tue 14-Feb-17 21:01:12

I work for a charity

Very flexible hours/work pattern
Generally chilled atmosphere, I have a lot of autonomy
Feel like it really makes a difference & helps people
Free gym in the office

Moreisnnogedag Tue 14-Feb-17 21:01:50

A great team (so soppy I know). My ds got a sight threatening infection, my dh was fobbed off by the GP, my boss called a mate who whatsapp'd me from a conference elsewhere and arranged treatment and then saw him the following day.

I get to do extra sessions for extra pay on a fairly frequent basis and get to leave early f there's nowt to do. Our department is very laid back and my bosses are forgiving of my rantiness grin

PlymouthMaid1 Tue 14-Feb-17 21:01:59

I don't think I have any and, in fact, have never had perks anywhere unless you count having flexitime once. We get hot water to make drinks so long as we bring tea bags 😊

Verticalvenetianblinds Tue 14-Feb-17 21:06:14

Unlimited tea and coffee and nice loo roll. I get to spend all day talking, good hourly rate, good shift pattern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now