Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Martin Freeman...

(182 Posts)
justsayyoufeelthewayaaahfeel Wed 11-Jan-17 19:57:17

I have such a stupid crush on him. Perhaps it's actually a crush on John Watson, I dunno. Though I also looooooved him in The Office.

I've not felt this way since Peter Andre on the Mysterious Girl CD cover photo.

Anyone else?

Costacoffeeplease Wed 11-Jan-17 20:00:50

Claim to fame alert

I went to school with his brother grin

L8forTea Wed 11-Jan-17 20:02:58

Have you seen Startup? (On Amazon.) He's really brilliant in that -psycho cop character. Even does a plausible American accent. Well, one that doesn't grate anyway!

Paffle Wed 11-Jan-17 20:03:43

justsay - me tooooooo! He's lovely. Although try watching the TV series of Fargo if you want a cure!

justsayyoufeelthewayaaahfeel Wed 11-Jan-17 20:06:57

Costa can you introduce me?! Did you KNOW him? That's thrilling.

I'll have a look at that, l8. Thanks! *
I have watched Fargo and I still love him. There's something about him. I feel like he's this big manly brute in a mild mannered shell.

I'm so ridiculous.

Costacoffeeplease Wed 11-Jan-17 20:09:30

Sadly they moved away before Martin started secondary school, he's a bit younger than me

He had a brother in my year, (who gave me a box of chocolates one Valentine's Day - we were about 12/13) and another one a couple of years older.

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Wed 11-Jan-17 20:12:34

If you'd watched his last appearance on the Graham Norton show you'd soon have been cured of that crush. What an arse.

I actually find him quite creepy. And my God he takes himself seriously for an actor who's mediocre at best.

But you enjoy your crush! 😅

BellMcEnd Wed 11-Jan-17 20:17:09

My brother has worked with him on many occasions, he is not even remotely complimentary about him.

Totally agree with Bunty very very creepy (and rather greasy)

bigtapdancingpimp Wed 11-Jan-17 20:17:58

I once saw him at Stansted Airport waiting for baggage from the Paphos flight. I was so starstruck I didn't even have the courage to speak to him or ask for a selfie (this was back in the 'Office' days)

He was with his mum too and I remember thinking what a sweet guy taking his mother on holiday to Cyprus smile

cheekymonk Wed 11-Jan-17 20:19:54

Totally agree Bunty!

Earlgreywithmilk Wed 11-Jan-17 20:20:59

I agree bunty - I've always thought he's an arsehole who takes himself waaaay too seriously. He also a massive hypocrite who appears in Labour Party political broadcasts bemoaning how the Tories will wreck the economy when his own wife went bankrupt owing loadsamoney in tax (I don't think he offered to pay it back, despite his millions!)

WorldsSmallestPatio Wed 11-Jan-17 20:21:02

He was incredible in Fargo, not at all mediocre. He's excellent at suppressed rage, you can see it in Watson now.

I think he's actually an outstanding actor.

TheBadgersMadeMeDoIt Wed 11-Jan-17 20:23:26

I read a feature on him in last year's Christmas Radio Times and he came across rather full of himself and seemed to think he's a much bigger star than he actually is. Went off him a bit after that.

But I like him as an actor. The characters he plays are usually adorable so I guess it must be hard to live up to in real life!

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Wed 11-Jan-17 20:27:44

I suppose it's all subjective because to me he always seems to turn in the same dull performance.

I'd overlook this if I didn't suspect him if being an arse but thanks to BellMcEnd's bro for confirming my suspicions on that score!

Riversiderunner Wed 11-Jan-17 20:28:18

I liked him in the Office but now I think he's a hypocritical wanker

DoWop2 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:31:11

I worked with him when he did a show in the West End. He's a very serious chap but very nice. Not crush material for me, too earnest for that!

Postagestamppat Wed 11-Jan-17 20:32:18

I read an interview with him in which he came across as a total wanker. Also I think it is bit odd that his wife filed for bankruptcy and he earns so much. Then they get divorced a couple of years later. But what do any of us know?

pocketsaviour Wed 11-Jan-17 20:33:00

I think he's a great actor. He's very good at expressing the inner turmoil that most of us go through when doing or saying really difficult things. But without over-acting and turning it into a caricature.

I don't find him attractive though. He's too cuddly.

justsayyoufeelthewayaaahfeel Wed 11-Jan-17 20:33:03

This is helpful actually. Knowing he's a knob is an effective bucket of cold water.

PuntasticUsername Wed 11-Jan-17 20:33:14

I didn't survive his stupid new haircut in the latest series of Sherlock. Absolutely awful.

Lorelei76 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:33:46

I think he's a good actor but doesn't come across in interviews as someone I'd like
Not that that matters, yes I know it's a weird thing to say!

I have a feeling he's going to appear in public with some gorgeous youmg woman soon.....OP maybe it's you! grin

I thought his performances in the early eps of Sherlock were particularly good but now I realise I like those early ones more. Also thought he did a great job on SNL and Fargo.

Lorelei76 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:34:53

X post I prefer the new haircut. I'm rubbish at noticing stuff like that but I immediately liked it.

DoWop2 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:35:27

He really isn't a knob. He is very grounded but isn't a fan of the whole celebrity culture.

Lorelei76 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:35:59

Postage I don't think they were married
Bankruptcy applications take account of marriage i think?

ReasonsToBeModeratelyHappy Wed 11-Jan-17 20:37:06

I think he's a good actor, have seen him play very different characters convincingly. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I'm surprised people see a problem with his acting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now