Talk

Advanced search

Hot Wheels?

(9 Posts)
Lakesandsnadders Thu 12-Nov-09 20:54:24

DS (5) is desperate for one for Christmas. I've only seen negative reviews so far. Anyone got anything positive to say about it? Which track should I go for?

Thanks!

feedthegoat Thu 12-Nov-09 21:02:42

Ds was given this for his 4th birthday about 3 weeks ago and it is proving very popular. It isn't goung to win any awards for build quality but he really likes it.

I have to fill it with ice cubes and warm water then put a couple of towels down mind! But it keeps him amused which is surely the point of such things.

PacificDogwood Thu 12-Nov-09 21:07:42

This was done recently - might be worth a search.
In brief, INVHO, cars=great, tracks=crap: difficult to build, break, parts get lost, you will never be able to build it again if you lose any part or instructions.
For the short while ours worked, it was good fun though, but not a toy that stood the test of time.
smile

PacificDogwood Thu 12-Nov-09 21:08:10

This was done recently - might be worth a search.
In brief, IMVHO, cars=great, tracks=crap: difficult to build, break, parts get lost, you will never be able to build it again if you lose any part or instructions.
For the short while ours worked, it was good fun though, but not a toy that stood the test of time.
smile

Lakesandsnadders Thu 12-Nov-09 21:13:50

Thanks-didn't realise there'd been a recent thread on this-will do a search. smile

sparkle09 Thu 12-Nov-09 21:14:41

my DS (5) loves hot wheels, he has always found it easy to build the tracks and can play for hours.

he has got quite a few sets now and just tends to make it up as he goes along, and doesnt really make up the sets that are ment to be together,

MrsJohnDeere Thu 12-Nov-09 21:20:27

We have this one. Looks as flimsy as anything BUT it is hugely popular and has survived being handled very roughly by 2 young hooligans.

Does make annoying sounds though ('oooh you're going to need race tyres', 'dude awesome paint job', or something like that).

mazzystartled Thu 12-Nov-09 21:24:19

we have a few bits and actually contrary to popular opinion it's pretty robust

ds loves the dinosaur trick tracks particularly, and a fab one called the blade spinner

forkhandles Thu 12-Nov-09 22:18:21

the best ones we have are this 3 lane track

and Shark Bite

both good because can I don't need to put them together for DS, just 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now