Talk

Advanced search

What are you buying your 10 year old girls?

(9 Posts)
Marne Thu 12-Nov-09 16:47:51

I have not got a clue what to buy dsd for x-mas, we will be giving her money but would like a couple things for her to open on boxing day when she comes over.

Any suggestions?

I don't think she's into books or music.

MintyCane Thu 12-Nov-09 18:44:03

What does she like is she very girly or a tom boy. Does she like animals or HSM ?

Earlybird Thu 12-Nov-09 18:46:14

Why not ask her what is on her Christmas list, and/or what she is hoping for?

Marne Thu 12-Nov-09 19:33:15

I have asked her and she said she doesn't know what she wants, She's girly (not tom boy) but not too bothered about clothes. She likes crafty things (card making), i don't think she's into HSM anymore and she likes animals (small furry kind).

I don't think she'd too bothered about i-pods/music, she had a DS last year but i'm not sure if she plays it much now (she used to be glued to it).

MintyCane Thu 12-Nov-09 20:11:38

If she likes crafty things why not fill a massive box with stuff to make cards with from The Works, Poundland and Paperchase. Mine would love that. Also I would put in her own sellotape and a glue stick.

georgeclooneyfan Thu 12-Nov-09 20:11:48

I am having a bit of the same problem finding something for my daughter (she is 10) she is not into HSM/HMontana etc and is not girly girly but not that tomboyish either. She is into arty stuff, I have got her bendaroos(they are like bendable flexible sticks that you can make into things ie/flowers, animals). Toys r us and Argos do them. I was also thinking of bath bomb/soap/perfume making kits. If she has her ears pierced Claires Accessories are always good for earrings and different acessories. My dd also likes board games she spoke about are you smarter than a ten year old and the Simpsons Scene it board game not sure what any of these are like. Good luck anyway.

tealady Thu 12-Nov-09 20:24:06

If she likes crafty things try some of these Klutz kits which my dd (10) loves. There are loads but she particularly likes the Paper Fashions, Lettering, Twirled Paper and shrink art Jewellery.

here
or
here
or
here

The beauty of these sets is that they have everything you need in the set as well as really clear instructions.

crystsalbelle Thu 12-Nov-09 23:05:06

Try this site it's got quite a few toy gadget type things, I got my daughters TSketch T Shirt from there, she loves it and all her friends want one now!

Marne Fri 13-Nov-09 09:51:41

Thank you for your great ideas, i have just ordered a Klutz kit for her (they look great), she had a perfume and bath bomb making sets last year (this was the only thing she asked for last year). I will look at card making bits on e-bay as i have money in paypal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now