Talk

Advanced search

VTech Kids Digital Camera

(10 Posts)
jennymac Thu 12-Nov-09 14:00:21

My DB was thinking of buying dd (3yrs) a vtech digital camera for Christmas. I'm not sure how much use she would get out of it and as it's quite expensive I thought he might be better buying something which she will use more often. Did anyone buy one for their dc and was it worth the money?

Mcdreamy Thu 12-Nov-09 14:04:33

Yes DD got one about 3 years ago so she would have been 3 going on 4. She still uses it now although it doesn't take the best pictures in the world it's good enough and very sturdy, has been dropped, knocked, squashed many many times!

Bucharest Thu 12-Nov-09 14:40:03

Definitely worth it. Has been (along with Playmobil) dd's most played with toy. Quality of photo is a bit rubbish, but the fun seems to be in the taking, not the looking at afterwards.

You can usually find them on offer somewhere.

jennymac Thu 12-Nov-09 17:29:07

Thanks! Haven't had any better ideas myself so might just tell him to go for it!

tinkerbellesmuse Thu 12-Nov-09 17:35:54

We bought DD the fisher price one when she was 3. She loves taking photos (and takes it all quite seriously now she is almost 5!) but she prefers to use an old digital camera we have.

The problem with the fisher price was that the picture quality is dreadful and so I'd be inclined to buy a cheaper basic digital camera.

ScottishBoris Thu 12-Nov-09 17:45:24

FYI, as an alternative TJ Hughes have got an offer on at the moment for the Little Tykes waterproof digital video camera, was £70 now down to £40. Can't do the link at the moment, but it's on their website.

CaurnieBred Thu 12-Nov-09 17:45:40

the nice thing about it is that you can put hats and things onto the subject you are taking a picture of - and you can't do that with a real camera. It also has three basic games (pairs, noughts and crosses and a sort of jigsaw thing!). If you know someone with a Costco membership then get them to buy you one from there (if they still have them) - is much cheaper.

oldraver Thu 12-Nov-09 20:31:22

I managed to get one from Tesco Direct for £32, if you spent £40 they had free delivery

Oneandnomore Thu 12-Nov-09 21:10:42

I was going to buy the Little Tikes camerws last year. I read the reviews which weren't good. Decided on the V Tech and dd loves it. It also has three games on it which keeps her entertained!

Tortoise Thu 12-Nov-09 21:14:43

Both my DD's have the vtech camera. They love editing the pics adding frames, hats,glasses etc to them. And they enjoy the games.

Down side is batteries don't last long but i bought high power rechargables which have probably saved me a fortune in batteries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now