Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do 11 & 13 year old girls like?

(10 Posts)
Pennies Tue 10-Nov-09 21:15:30

I'm trying to get it all online this year. Any ideas of what I can get cousin's children?

wrongsideof40 Tue 10-Nov-09 21:35:34

I would think books DVDs etc Play.com is good - or if they have an IPod an I Tunes voucher - or simply cash !

claricebeansmum Tue 10-Nov-09 21:37:16

New Look vouchers

perdu Tue 10-Nov-09 21:39:26

my DDs would like:

fluffy slippers
books
nice diary
fingerless gloves from Accessorize
games for games consoles
make up
clothes voucher
fairy lights for their rooms
DVDs

Hullygully Tue 10-Nov-09 21:40:08

Boys

Pennies Tue 10-Nov-09 21:46:50

Can't afford boys. Was hoping they were still yuk.

Will do New Look vouchers - or maybe Topshop? I suppose they'd get more for the New Look pound wouldn't they?

Games consoles? Like a DS?

Cosette Tue 10-Nov-09 21:48:47

mine would like..

Vouchers - New Look, iTunes, HMV, Waterstones
scarves
bracelets/bangles
makeup
slippers
Pyjamas
Cath Kidston stuff
bags
Jewellery stand/box
cardigans
boots/shoes

lilolilmanchester Tue 10-Nov-09 22:55:05

agree with vouchers - perhaps love2shop which can be used in New Look (safe bet for that age group) plus lots of other places? Depends what you want to spend but a voucher and token gift (small selection box/lip gloss/socks/book/stationery item) so they have something to open too? But a voucher on its own would be absolutely fine and very welcome in our pre-teen DD household!

perdu Wed 11-Nov-09 18:27:01

just remembered a really cool website called Heidi Seeker (google?) for something a bit different?

JANEITEisntErudite Wed 11-Nov-09 20:33:11

My 14 year old would hate New Look vouchers but love Topshop ones. the 12 year old would hate both. They would both be v happy with HMV vouchers or book tokens.

Accessorise do lots of lovely quirky necklaces and earrings, which are v popular with both dds and all of their friends: little bird cages, unicorns, teacups, rocking chairs etc.

Their lists are very similar to Perdu's list:
- fluffy socks or slippers
- notebooks or journals
- gloves or scarves from somewhere like Accessorise or Topshop - although dd1 also likes the bright leather ones in M&S
- for dd1 (dd2 not allowed it yet) - makeup - but better than her usual Number 7 etc - so I may get her some decent mascara or an eyeliner from somewhere like Urban Decay or Benefit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now