Talk

Advanced search

Which is the best wooden garage for DS 3.9yrs?

(16 Posts)
Narketta Tue 10-Nov-09 15:06:57

Hi
I would like to hear from anyone who has a DS or DD with a wooden garage.

Me and DH have decided that we want to get one for DS for christmas, we've had a quick look around on the net but would like to hear real reviews or suggestions from anyone who has one.

Thanks. grin

ihearttc Tue 10-Nov-09 18:10:03

Sorry I really can't do links lol. But my DS has got a Le Toy Van one...think its called Service Station but is a garage really and its fab. All the bits slot together but is really really solid and has stood up to 2 years of playing with every day. My DS was actually only just 3 when we got it (after a complete disaster with 2 garages from elc which both fell apar) but it was perfect for him then and is still great for him now he is nearly 5.

Its quite expensive (think ours was about £50) but is excellent quality and has definitely been value for money.

Hope that helps a bit?

Narketta Tue 10-Nov-09 22:54:34

Thanks ihearttc Glad you mentioned the elc garages as we had been looking at those, I think the one we looked at was called Big city garage but it was £55 which is expensive for something that won't last 5 minutes.

Where did you get your wooden garage from?

mogs0 Tue 10-Nov-09 23:53:23

My ds had one when he was 2 from ELC and it's still going strong 5 1/2 yrs later. Ds doesn't play with it now but it has been used for childminding too (is being lined up for ebay). We've had no problems with it and you can link it up to the standard train tracks and road pieces.

StopTalkingAndEatYourDinner Wed 11-Nov-09 00:01:53

I just bought DS one from Aspace

www.aspace.co.uk/product_catalogue/wooden-toy-garage-4743

It is for his 2nd birthday next month so haven't given it to him yet, have opened up the box though and it looks fab!

nappyaddict Wed 11-Nov-09 02:56:34

mogs which elc one do you have? May be interested in buying it off you if you are looking to sell it?

mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 08:18:04

It's a 3 level wooden one with a lift and ramps. I'll take some photos and email to you if you like. Do you want to CAT me your email?

MrsJohnDeere Wed 11-Nov-09 09:35:24

Another vote for the Le Toy Van one, especially for an older child. Looks nice, has good ramps (which are plastic) - curves work better than short straight runs imo. We've had ours for 2.5 years, I think, and it is on its last legs BUT that is because my fiesty 1yo has jumped on it, climbed on it, and hit it with things <<sigh of despair>> and it has been played with a lot.

nappyaddict Wed 11-Nov-09 10:27:49

mogs is it this one?

mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 10:41:34

It's that style but plain wood.

teddymummy Wed 11-Nov-09 10:43:50

we bought one in John Lewis - about £45 I think. Very simple and sturdy. Played with lots by twins for 2 years so far and still standing!

nappyaddict Wed 11-Nov-09 12:11:17

How much would you want for it mogs? Can get a courier for £6.45

mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 12:31:59

Ooh, can you? Which courier? Are there size weight restrictions? I'd like £15 for it (+courier) but it has got some pencil marks on it. I've got other similar type toys too - elc rescue centre, Plan Toys airport and about a million cars!!! grin

nappyaddict Thu 12-Nov-09 00:32:42

They are called parcel 2 ship and I think it's up to 30kg.

nappyaddict Thu 12-Nov-09 00:34:06

If it's less than 10kg but I don't think it will be you can use these for only £3.99

nappyaddict Thu 12-Nov-09 00:40:58

Parcel monkey are also cheap - £6.90 I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now