Talk

Advanced search

What brilliant present / toys have you got for your 7 year old son and 4 year old daughter.

(12 Posts)
couture1 Tue 10-Nov-09 14:39:34

I'm at a loss as to what to get this year, usually I find the presents we get end up broken quite quickly or they lose interest in them so quickly they end up in toy boxes and never touched again. It just seems like such a waste when they dont play with the toys they get. Any fun recommendations anyone? What are the best toys your children have enjoyed and have been good value for money?

cherrymonster Tue 10-Nov-09 15:49:38

for dd2 (nearly 4) my sister has got lulu the cat from fur real friends. its marvellous and she will love it. (£50 mind you, but with a discount code for littlewoods.com, we got it cheaper)

purpleturtle Tue 10-Nov-09 15:54:26

DS1 is almost 7 and will be getting a Lego police HQ - much wanted by him, and will provide hours of entertainment for the rest of the family as we step on the pieces. grin

princessmel Tue 10-Nov-09 15:55:57

What purpleturtle said!!!

Not sure about 4yr old dd yet...

muminthecity Tue 10-Nov-09 15:58:15

I've bought my 4 year old DD a new bike, a baby alive doll (she's been wanting one for ages) and a remote control tinkerbell. I used a £30 off code for Additions, bought the bike on my account, and the doll and tinkerbell on my sister's account using the discount code twice, so the whole lot only cost £74! grin

mogs0 Tue 10-Nov-09 15:59:14

Ds (7yrs) has asked FC for guitar Hero for his PS2. He's also having a bike from me and his aunties.
Oh and I've got him a mini real toolkit!! I think I'm going to be more excited about that than him though!! grin

LyraSilvertongue Tue 10-Nov-09 16:00:10

I've bought this Power Tour guitar for both DSs, aged 7 and 5.

bogie Tue 10-Nov-09 16:03:58

Ds1 has some new ds games I think the ds was the best thing we have bought for him (he is nearly 4) keeps him happy in the car or other times when he needs to be as quiet and as well behaved as possiable (doctors, dentists, sitting in the shopping trolly whilst I get the weeks food.

Lilyloo Tue 10-Nov-09 20:15:16

ds 7 is getting an ipod shuffle and some wii games
dd4 is getting a karaoke machine and polly pocket

ds plays a lot with the wii , and footballs (not really into toys)

dd plays a lot with dolls (baby annabell) and accessories , peppa pig things and toy kitchen

DaftApeth Tue 10-Nov-09 21:14:11

ds(8) will get a wii game, perhaps an ipod touch, a subscription to Beano mag, chess set.

I also found this last week in Boots. Might regret it on christmas day though grin

dd (4) will get Barbie Corrine (from 3 Musketeers), clothes, Jolina ballerina doll, magnetix, perhaps a roll along suitcase.

Leslaki Tue 10-Nov-09 21:55:25

Just got DS (7) the Island of Gor from The Entertainer for £17.49 - £35 elsewhere and he loves Gormiti!
But I ahve booked tickets to take them to see the Lion King in London after Xmas from Santa as they ahve far too much and I took them to Eurodisney for their birthdays this year - far more appreciated than any old plastic tat!! Why not try an 'experience' for them - holiday or show etc?

moodlum Tue 10-Nov-09 22:03:11

DD is five and today in the post arrived the Groovy Girls toys I had ordered for her, and they are very very pleasing. I think she will love them. Maybe 4 is a bit young for them, but probably not. here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now