Talk

Advanced search

Has your toddler enjoyed playing with an easel?

(13 Posts)
pleasechange Mon 09-Nov-09 15:57:26

Am thinking of getting DS an easel for Christmas. He's only 18mo by then, but I was going to get one of those that is magnetic on one side and blackboard style on the other

They are a bit ££ though and don't want it not to be used. Has you toddler had one and like it, or not used it at all - any thoughts?

ilovetochat Mon 09-Nov-09 15:58:41

im getting dd 2.4 the elc wood one, it has great reveiws.

clayre Mon 09-Nov-09 15:59:29

we got dd one for her 2nd birthday that was nearly 5 years ago and she still plays with it, plays with it more now than when she younger

HappyBump Mon 09-Nov-09 16:02:46

My DS is almost 2. I have the Ikea easel, it a chalk board on one side and a white board on the other and has a roll of paper attachment. My DS will play with it, he pulls up his mini chairs and sits and plays, but not really for very long. I think I need to invest more time in playing with him with it, to encourage him and perhaps when he is a little bit older he will want to play more by himself.

My DS does love with playing with the magnets on the fridge, I have some Djeco wooden people magnets (a bit like puzzles) which he spends ages playing with.

Habbibu Mon 09-Nov-09 16:04:03

Second the IKEA one - can't go wrong for £13 and dd loves it. they can play with magnets on the fridge...

FritesMenthe Mon 09-Nov-09 16:06:00

Magnetic is a good idea. And a white board. And strong clips to hold sheets of paper. And somewhere to put paint pots without tipping.

EldonAve Mon 09-Nov-09 16:08:44

our ikea one has had lots of use

pleasechange Mon 09-Nov-09 16:34:27

Thanks all - may muster up the enthusiasm for a trip to ikea!

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 09-Nov-09 19:12:54

Lidl have their Christmas toys in now. We bought our easel from there last year, was cheap and it's very good.

pleasechange Mon 09-Nov-09 20:50:23

Thanks Phantom - will have a look

Kbear Mon 09-Nov-09 20:53:48

bought the ELC wooden one for DD when she was 18 months - her and DS still use it and she is nearly 11!!! How about that for value for money.

pleasechange Tue 10-Nov-09 07:49:20

Well that really was good value for money!

reallyhappy Tue 10-Nov-09 12:29:18

just popped into Lidle ( or however you spell it ) and they have NICE wooden two sided easles in there for £13.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now