Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Traditions...what are yours???

(14 Posts)
mistletoekisses Mon 09-Nov-09 09:02:31

I'll start as DH and I were discussing what our family traditions will be now that DS is getting older....but am happy to steal other peoples ideas too grin

Christmas Eve
Baking cookies to leave for Santa
Leaving the cookie/ milk/ carrots for santa and rudolph
Sprinkling reindeer dust in the garden (lovely tradition from my SIL)
Hanging stockings at end of bed....

Christmas Day
Little santa presents in Stocking, plus one main one unwrapped (unsure of whether to have this by tree or in bedroom)
Presents from family and friends under the tree and not to be opened until after christmas lunch

Boxing Day
Little tree presents (one each), so that the fun isnt totally over on Xmas day....

So that is as far as we got...anyone else want to share??

InterruptingKid Mon 09-Nov-09 09:05:06

PLEASE NOT ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS!!!

fortyplus Mon 09-Nov-09 09:09:11

If you run a search for 'snow house' by fortyplus there are 3 lovely threads from previous years like this one

mistletoekisses Mon 09-Nov-09 09:13:40

Jeez, Interruptingkids, if you object to my thread, hide it and then don't post. So unbelievably rude!

InterruptingKid Mon 09-Nov-09 09:14:22

well at least not terminably dull.

mistletoekisses Mon 09-Nov-09 09:16:23

thats a matter of opinion. you may not be dull, but you are miserable. go and be grumpy elsewhere.

cherrymonster Mon 09-Nov-09 09:25:32

interupting kid, you are being very rude. if you dont want to look at thread about christmas, and christmas traditions, what the hell are you doing in the christmas topic? thread is exactly where it should be. if you dont like it, go away

fortyplus Thu 12-Nov-09 09:31:49

Not only rude but an ignoramus... should be interminably dull... grin Hope you enjoyed the other threads mistletoekisses smile

Mimi1977 Thu 12-Nov-09 18:41:17

How rude - you are like the people on newspaper sites who make an effort to comment on what a rubbish story this is and why bother reading it. FO if you don't like the thread. Now, where were we....

We always crack open a bottle of champagne and box of chocolates when we put the tree up about a week to 10 days before Christmas (hot choc and marshmallows for the children and non-drinkers) then sit down to watch a Christmas DVD like Wonderful Life (so sacharine but I love it!)

Also we hold a drinks party on the sunday before Christmas with an open house during the afternoon.

Then Christmas eve is usually so busy preping veg but I have the carol's on and the family arrives. We put out the stockings which are my dad's old rugby socks.

Christmas Day: Champagne, big meal and a walk - nothing out of the ordinary.

Like you, looking forward to hearing other people's traditions.

mummyofevilprincesses Thu 12-Nov-09 19:32:22

My sisters and I all do our own thing on Christmas day, so have a family meal on the winter solstice and exchange our gifts then.

It is nice, as it takes away any pressure to drive miles on Christmas day and the children get their gifts from family that day. They open them there and then and it means they appreciate the family present more, they don't get absorbed into all the Santa stuff.

We also make a runway for Father Christmas on our garden path with tealights and nutella jars.

JuanMoreTime Thu 16-Sep-10 11:47:05

thisiswhataluv Thu 16-Sep-10 14:03:06

im getting all excited reading these xmassy threads grin

thisiswhataluv Thu 16-Sep-10 14:04:45

hot choc with squirty creama and edible stars/glitter on xmas eve whilst watching polar express or other christmassy films, buffet style food for tea, kids bathed put to bed around 7 in their new pjs ...
love xmas grin

bouncingblueberries Thu 16-Sep-10 14:07:32

Oooh love the runway idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now