Talk

Advanced search

Baby's first year photobook - great grandparent's present or reeeeally lame

(7 Posts)
clairesparkle Sun 08-Nov-09 08:45:57

DH is putting together a photo for each week of DS, who will be one at the end of November (I wondered if we have enough photos to do this, and we definitely do, and then some!). I thought it would be a nice idea to make them up into a little photobook for his grannies and grandpas for Christmas. Is that really rubbish? biscuit

AnnieBeansMum Sun 08-Nov-09 08:48:14

I hope not, because this is what I am planning on doing for my parents and DH's mum.

whooshspicemonster Sun 08-Nov-09 08:48:50

Depends what the grandparents are like. It is the sort of thing my parents would love. So if you have doting grandparents, then I'd imagine they will love it more than something that had cost loads

clairesparkle Sun 08-Nov-09 09:01:37

Thanks, they definitely are doting grandparents - the books are three for two at Photobox at the moment, so we can have one too smile

em83 Sun 08-Nov-09 09:23:49

we had our 3dcs photos took at motjercare and bought a whole load of them, we r planning to give out as xmas presents ,we will buy a nice frame aswell.!!!
dps family will LOVE this as they adore the dcs, my family on the other hand wont be bothered as they r so ungrateful sad

ninedragons Sun 08-Nov-09 09:28:31

My only warning would be if you're planning to have more DCs.

I know quite a few people who were DC2 or DC3 in their family and are still a bit wistful about the fact that DC1's first tooth/lock of hair/stool is in a sandwich bag in their parents' freezer but the first photos of them are at their university graduation.

If you do it, you must put in the effort to do it for all subsequent DCs. Really, you must.

Flamebat Sun 08-Nov-09 09:54:52

we did a fancy book like that for DD.

Thankfully the GPs are in Wales so it is doubtful that the other children will ever find out how neglected they are blush

I might investigate photobox though - an album with all 3 in would be perfect for obsessive auntie (I love that she is so besotted with them btw, twasn't a mean obsessiveness wink. I'll be a crap auntie in comparison blush)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now