Talk

Advanced search

Help Santa needs ideas for DD nearly 8!

(10 Posts)
andirobobo Sat 07-Nov-09 22:22:27

DD is struggling to come up with things from Santa for christmas! Unbelieveable I know, but true! My Mum would say that is because she has everything - but no pressies on Christmas Day would make her sad!!

Santa is getting a bit jittery as time is passing on - so - any ideas?

She is nearly 8 and is not a girly girl, does not like pink, etc. She is into horses, horses and horses, and Build-a-bears!.

She already has a DS and a Wii, and most stuff from last year has hardly been played with, so Santa has a budget of £50 to £60.

Lilyloo Sat 07-Nov-09 22:26:17

I have got ds nearly 8 an ipod shuffle , the older style new for £30.
How about some credits for buildabearville , ds getting these off family.

Take it she has puppy in my pocket etc
If not someone selling a half price set on here from sainsbury toy sale on toys section

Or i am getting my dd 5 a karaoke machine ??

frazzled74 Sat 07-Nov-09 22:38:31

I love ponies,polly pocket, sylvanians, skateboard, mp3 player, art craft stuff. there is a lil luvvables bear maker she may like as a "cheap diy build a bear"

Lilyloo Sat 07-Nov-09 22:40:16

sorry meant 'pony' in my pocket

andirobobo Sat 07-Nov-09 22:49:32

Skateboard could be an idea - we saw one today in a shop and she was really examining it!

She is not really into the ocket stuff - we have bits and pieces and again it is not played with.

She got an MP3 player last year - another 5 min wonder!

I do wonder why she is not like other girls - she doesnt really play with stuff - but will read and doodle and chill. She is old before her time I think! She does lots of activities - Brownies, dancing, football, swimming, etc but there is no bigger present I can see to get for her. sad

my dd is horse mad too, so I found this and this horse top trumps and a horsey washbag. How about a wind up torch? Dd loves things like that, or a mask and flippers for fun swimming?

henryhuggins Sun 08-Nov-09 15:48:52

what about something like the bop it game?

Takver Sun 08-Nov-09 17:32:02

Is there some brownie uniform she doesn't have (or the brownie keepsake box)? Or a really good pair of goggles for swimming/new swimsuit etc? Riding lessons (cost about £7 for half hour round here, so a series of say 5 would leave you enough for something else too)?

If santa was paying grin my dd (same age) would love:

all the brownie uniform (atm she just has t-shirt)
a cd player to go in her room
audio books / normal books
a proper but small workbench of her own (lovely one in the Axminster catalogue but it costs £80!)
her own sewing box with stuff in it
a sewing machine that she was allowed to use without me hovering 2 inches away
one of those little mini-scooters

She had 6 riding lessons for her 7th birthday which she loved.

She's also recently bought herself some rollerblades with her saved money which have been a big hit.

andirobobo Sun 08-Nov-09 21:34:52

Some good ideas, thanks.

I was kind of thinking she needed a main present and a few other bits, but she produced a list today that will be sent to Santa tomorrow!

Night vision goggles and metal detector featured, as well as a zip scooter and I love ponies pony camp! Also some random lego stuff - all from the Argos catalogue!!

DaftApeth Sun 08-Nov-09 21:45:20

I see you are sorted but for anyone else who has pony mad dcs, I usd this website last year to buy stuff for my pony mad god-daughter. I Love Ponies - it's veerry pink!

Also for anyone with too much money to spend i.e. it's very expensive, Julip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now