Talk

Advanced search

We've just had our first Christmas round robin!

(12 Posts)
Kathyis12feethighandbites Fri 06-Nov-09 16:35:06

According to my calculations we're not even a week into November. hmm

hf128219 Fri 06-Nov-09 16:36:41

Has Jonty excelled at school? Granny recovering from a hip replacement? Are they all enjoying the new conservatory?

grin

Kathyis12feethighandbites Fri 06-Nov-09 16:42:55

No, it's dh's uncle's ex-wife. She's got married again. I suppose she was just bursting to tell everybody grin

mumof2222222222222222boys Fri 06-Nov-09 16:58:17

We had first christmas card yesterday...but to be fair my friend is off to Afganistan shortly and wanted to make sure we all had her contact details. sad

I am aiming to get them out first week of Dec - WITHOUT the RR. Hate them.

cornsilkwearscorsets Fri 06-Nov-09 17:02:37

I have never had a round robin. Thank biscuit.

I think some people may be overreacting to the postal strikes.

NancyBotwin Fri 06-Nov-09 17:48:17

I always get one from someone who I see all the time so it's not like i don't know what her wonderful children are up to anyway hmm First time I assumed it was put in with the Christmas card in error, but no, we have received one every year...

oldraver Fri 06-Nov-09 20:09:31

I've only had one and it was so funny though didnt think she intended it to be. It didnt surprise us 9me and another friend that she did something so pretentious. Her poor DS who was forced to wear a too big suit for his fist job looked very happy

Kathyis12feethighandbites Sat 07-Nov-09 15:18:36

I love them, do hope Facebook doesn't render them obsolete.

I have a soft spot for the showy-offy ones because my mother used to go to the opposite extreme in her eagerness to avoid bragging and would do us down all the time - 'DS1 has just got engaged, though why anyone would want to marry him is beyond me' etc....

LilianGish Sat 07-Nov-09 15:22:30

Isn't Facebook the internet equivalent of the Round Robin?

Hassled Sat 07-Nov-09 15:29:55

Last year I was so crap that I didn't actually get round to writing the Christmas letters to the elderly aunts, friends of my late parents etc that I usually only communicate with at Christmas, so this year they are going out insanely early.

I'm going to work on combining the required amount of shameless bragging with the dismal truth. Things like "This year, we were delighted when DD's feckless BF shat on her from a great height so she has left University and is back home. DS2 has started High School and hates it - we are all really proud of him." Will that work ?

Tidey Sat 07-Nov-09 15:35:22

I'm sorry but I had to ask - oldraver, I really hope that should've said 'first job' and not 'fist job'. Cos, it sounds painful enough without having to wear a suit that's too big as well wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now