Talk

Advanced search

What age for Playmobil? Suitable for a 2.5yr old? ...

(8 Posts)
Plonker Fri 06-Nov-09 13:29:33

...or am I better getting her something like this

Dd3 is 2.5 and really enjoys playing with little dollys/animals (has a 6yr old sister with puppy in my pocket and polly pocket's galore!). I really fancy getting her some playmobil - maybe this or this but they tend to be advertised as suitable for ages 4+, well the helicopter says 3+ on the TRU website and 4+ on the box ...

Now, I tend to take these age guidelines with a pinch of salt, but as dd hasn't played with any I don't know whether they're going to be suitable or not, and they're expensive so I really don't want to buy them if they're not.

So, in your experience, is Playmobil suitable for a 2.5yr old, or am I better going for the Bluebell Boot and try Playmobil next year?

duckyfuzz Fri 06-Nov-09 13:30:54

I'd wait a bit, it is very fiddly!

Plonker Sat 07-Nov-09 11:33:19

Aww I guess I'll she'll have to wait ...

Plonker Sat 07-Nov-09 11:33:55

thanks smile

Forget the playmobil, my 2.5 yr old trashes plays with his brother's. It is full, full, full of tiny little bits. Wait til they are at least 4.

christiana Sat 07-Nov-09 11:39:30

Message withdrawn

pugsandseals Sat 07-Nov-09 11:57:52

IF she can be trusted not to put the little bits in her mouth (which I presume she is if she plays with polly pocket) I would try one of the carry along playmobil cases (house etc.). Being a take along case I don't think they have quite so many little bits & if a few go 'missing' into your top drawer until she is trusted with them then she'll just get an extra surprise later!
I love Playmobil! Nothing ever breaks and DD is still adding to her collection at age 7!

Lapsedrunner Sat 07-Nov-09 11:59:59

The Playmobil 1-2-3 range is great for her age, DS loved it and played with it for several years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now