Please tell me what you are getting for your 18month old boy

(18 Posts)
PDRlovesbiscuits Thu 05-Nov-09 21:12:22

That's it really.

Need some imspiration!

PDRlovesbiscuits Thu 05-Nov-09 21:13:55

inspiration

MrsJohnDeere Fri 06-Nov-09 08:35:59

Mine is 21 months, but I'm getting him a new garage. We have one that has been played with very intensively over the last few years and it is falling apart.

Also a few toy cars and books.

MadameDuBain Fri 06-Nov-09 08:39:29

DS is 4 now but we got him this for xmas when he was 18 months, and it's been such a hit. Still gets played with all the time by him and all friends that come to visit (including the girls). You can also gradually add to it with other space bits and bobs, extra astronauts etc.

onadietcokebreak Fri 06-Nov-09 08:43:11

Possibly a fisher price garage or something to do with Cars. Thats what I got my DS.

CocoK Fri 06-Nov-09 08:45:59

Books - Emergency! and the other ones by Margaret Mayo are firm favourites and the Amazing Machines series by Tony Mitton is grea and will last until he's older. Our Thomas Sodor Adventure land was amazing fun and also one of those battery operated books that read fairytales and sing a song.

onadietcokebreak Fri 06-Nov-09 08:53:14

Also check out the boots site. They have lots of ELC and Fisher price little people stuff on 3 for 2 plus bonus points when you spend £50 and free delivery. You can probably also use ZHAL46 code for extra 500 points so get 1500points back when you spend £50. Bonus!

Im just remembering what I brought my son last christmas. He was 15mths. The little people aeroplane. Boots funny fun house and cosmic carousel. I would def buy the fun house and aeroplane again.

teatank Fri 06-Nov-09 09:01:09

my ds is 18mnths and he just loves anything he can push along. if it aint got wheels he dont want to know. he loves his little blue pram i got from elc i know hes a boy but he loves it.

lilysam Fri 06-Nov-09 11:23:07

Thomas Sodor here too, and mega bloks

PiggyPenguin Fri 06-Nov-09 13:00:34

One of those aquadraw thingies. He is a tinker for drawing on the floor if he can lay his hands on a pencil so i think he will love it!

Also getting one of those footprint things from elc where they make noises/play sounds when you stand on the footprints.

brockleybelle Fri 06-Nov-09 13:03:02

Mine will be 18 months old. Have got him a bag of megabloks and some early learning centre puzzles (the ones where the pieces have little handles).

Does anyone have any ideas for what to put in a stocking for an 18 month old? Am stuck on chocolate coins

PDRlovesbiscuits Fri 06-Nov-09 14:32:33

My LO loves a silly plastic fish that once came in a party bag! Good for a stocking filler...

He even takes it to bed with him blush!

pleasechange Fri 06-Nov-09 14:49:09

I've so far got DS some play woodden food and a playmat. He also loves wheeling things around so I'm ordering him a trolley to push his toy food around in

sausagesupper Fri 06-Nov-09 14:56:17

when ds was that age, we got him a selection of my first thomas trains, we got a job lot on ebay. he is 3 1/2 now and still loves hooking them all up together to make 1 long train and pushing them along. Plus no batteries or noises to drive you mad.
here is a similar lot, well worth the money

sausagesupper Fri 06-Nov-09 14:57:16

forgot to add, otherwise get him a couple as a stocking filler, can buy in tesco

Tryingtobeorganisedthisyear Fri 06-Nov-09 16:28:34

Stocking fillers....i've got bath stuff, choc buttons..

bitofadramaqueen Fri 06-Nov-09 19:44:34

We've got our DS the elc garage for Christmas (he'll be around 18 months by then). Thanks to over generous GPs he'll also be getting the elc happyland farm and a Brio my first railway.

For stocking fillers i've got some chunky pencils, some mini board books and some shaking bell things.

Fraochsmum Fri 06-Nov-09 19:52:35

My nephew actually, but he turned 1 at the start of November - I got him a beautiful book from the 'book club' which come to my work, it is a different children's bedtime story for each day of the year. Am due my own baby at New Year and kind of wishing I had got another one for him next year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now