Talk

Advanced search

but where can i get a cheapish yet nice dolls house

(34 Posts)
piratecat Thu 05-Nov-09 16:55:27

dd 7, would love one.

argos, the best one is in pink, dd hates pink.

toys r us, it's a bit drab/crap, but might be better in rl?

Can anyone think of somewhere? thanks.

MintyCane Thu 05-Nov-09 17:09:54

toys r us has one half price

www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Dolls/Dolls-Houses-and-Accessories/Dolls-House-with-100-Pieces(0025 587) is lovely saw it at the weekend

MintyCane Thu 05-Nov-09 17:10:21

oops you saw that one already could try mulberry bush they have painted ones

MintyCane Thu 05-Nov-09 17:11:22

oh no the toys r us one i saw wasn't pink. The wooden one is nice IRL

MintyCane Thu 05-Nov-09 17:12:30

You could get a sylvanian families one they are gorgeous.

piratecat Thu 05-Nov-09 18:24:22

the toys r us one looks like it would be nice if painted up. Sylvanian, she has a small one, but i wanted a wooden one. The lundby ones are cool, my sis had one yrs back, you can plug lights in to them!!

squeaver Thu 05-Nov-09 18:27:19

My dd has the Tous r Us one. It's actually nice in rl, sort of understated almost home-made looking. She loves it and all her friends make a beeline for it when they're here (and some of them have fecking dolls palaces at home).

We didn't paint hers (couldn't be arsed) but I've seen other ones painted and they look really lovely

londonmackem Thu 05-Nov-09 20:19:30

Sue Ryder do them in their shops and online

www.suerydercareshop.com/Shop/ShopProducts.asp?fdShopProductShopProduct2Id=6690

ellliebelle Thu 05-Nov-09 21:35:52

http://direct.asda.com/Pink-Dolls-House/000784855,default,pd.html

http://homeshopping.24studio.co .uk/searchresult/1

lovely and a great price but unfortunately its pink

Grandhighpoohba Thu 05-Nov-09 21:56:33

ebay!

piratecat Thu 05-Nov-09 22:25:35

yes, looking on ebay too!

the asda one IS lovely, but it's out of stock, sawit online 2 weeks back. Pink, yes but it has a good look to it, more grown up iyswim?

Bleatblurt Thu 05-Nov-09 22:26:32

I just bought the toys r us one a few days ago and it's lovely! Was easy to put together too. I have started painting it (a lovely blue colour) and it looks gorgeous, even if I do say so myself. grin

CJCregg Thu 05-Nov-09 22:29:43

I saw a brilliant one in Hobbycraft for £50 (special offer) a few weeks ago. It's all painted and ready to go, and it's white/yellow as far as I can remember. Kicking myself for not buying it immediately.

Can't do a link as the website's down, but it's worth checking out.

piratecat Thu 05-Nov-09 22:29:49

i'd def go blue too, i have a bit of Cornflower shed paint left over.!!

piratecat Thu 05-Nov-09 22:32:20

will try and search on the Hobbycraft one. we don't seem to have a store in the west of the country!

Bleatblurt Thu 05-Nov-09 22:35:24

The toys r us one also comes with LOADS of stuff which hardly any dolls houses seem to do. I haven't been playing with it, honest guv. blush

frazzled74 Thu 05-Nov-09 23:24:29

have been looking myself for dd6, she hasnt asked for one but i would love one.am torn between buying a new lundby one with lights (have an old one but a bit tatty and have no furniture for it, bit worried about lights)or toys r us one and painting it. which do you think 6/7 year old would prefer?

hairygodmother Thu 05-Nov-09 23:58:40

Another vote for ebay here! Got mine on ebay, it was plain wood, two floors plus attic, front of house is in two halves and swings open. Think it was brand new, came with a whole load of furniture, £25 about 6 months ago. Spent ages secretly sanding it and painting it in the garage - painted it white inside and out with dark pink roof and door, looks fab! And both my dds love it.

piratecat Fri 06-Nov-09 07:27:17

Will keep looking on ebay, but being in such a rural area i rarely see the pick up/collect ones, and postage costs are huge for most of them!!

The lundby one if i recall is a bit small, tho fun.

hairygodmother, that's what i would love to do with a house, sounds great.

frazzled, i am in the exact dilemma!!!

spacedog Fri 06-Nov-09 07:28:21

frazzled74 I would buy the version with lights for a 6/7 year old as at that age I would have loved something with working features

RealityBites Fri 06-Nov-09 07:29:30

Message withdrawn

Besom Fri 06-Nov-09 07:32:42

This one at John Lewis looks nice. It is 50 quid though. www.johnlewis.com/230621331/Product.aspx

frazzled74 Sat 07-Nov-09 00:04:57

after deciding to buy dd lundby one but not actually being able to afford it and lights and furniture etc.walked past a shop this evening and dd pointed at wooden dollshouse and fell in love with it, looks exactly like toys r us one but painted white and pink, so decision made.piratecat, hope you find your house.

ellliebelle Sat 07-Nov-09 00:10:20

piratecat, do you have an asda locally as my local asda's all have loads of the dolls house in stock

piratecat Sat 07-Nov-09 00:31:46

frazzled WHAT SHOP !!!!!!??

elliebelle, i need to phone my nearest (20miles away) asda. I was in there last week and it deffo wasn't in the store. Online it just says sold out.

when did you see it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now