Talk

Advanced search

If you're giving homemade sweets/biscuits for christmas, what are you packing them in?

(10 Posts)

Gift boxes? wicker baskets? some kind of plated cellophane thingy? I've been looking for cheap tins but (unless I'm looking in the wrong place) they're so expensive that with the cost of ingredients etc you may as well buy expensive chocs and be done with it!

Plus Asda has 2 for £7 on big tins of roses/quality street etc til sunday, and I'm wavering in my resolution to handmake acres of christmas fudge! blush

Lakeland do nice cellophane bags that you could tie with a bit of ribbon.

Also thanks for the heads up about Asda, having a party soon and they will be great.

No probs! I'm sorely tempted myself tbh! Having a look at lakeland now though...

How about 2 tins for £4.50?
direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-4532.aspx

How cheap are you actually wanting them?

P.S I think one is smaller than the other but you can just give that one to people you like a little less

Those are an idea, thanks! I've got about 5 or 6 families to buy for. I'm quite tempted to just do homemade gifts for the people I know for sure will appreciate them, and give cheap chocs to those who might prefer something shop bought.

Those lakeland gift bags look great actually! 30 for £1.99 is great, just need some curly ribbon, cheers!

ja9 Thu 05-Nov-09 20:13:21

a hinged glass jar from ikea - 89p each.

fabulousfrancesca Thu 05-Nov-09 21:04:49

I did the glass jars too. I got mine from matalan I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now