Talk

Advanced search

dolls (nice ones)

(11 Posts)
frazzled74 Wed 04-Nov-09 20:59:07

mil wants to buy dd a doll ,she is 6. mil wants it to be oldfashioned with hair. any links or ideas?

YourCallIsImportant Wed 04-Nov-09 21:21:25

Neither my DD (6) or any of her friends would be that interested in this type of doll (unless it played Hannah Montana songs). Why does your MIL want to buy it for her? It sounds like its because she herself likes it rather than because your DD would like it. I've had the same with my MIL in the past - good intentions but totally out of touch with what children play with these days.

mummyofevilprincesses Wed 04-Nov-09 21:30:55

Sally, Rosie, Sam toddler dolls might fit the bill. Argos do them. They are very popular at my school

frazzled74 Wed 04-Nov-09 22:56:27

she has the rosy roby and roxy dolls and loves them. mil wants to buy this traditional , doll because she has a bee in her bonnet.My mum bought dd all the rosy dolls,mil usually buys books and practical pressies.It would be mean of me to talk her out of it and i know she wont buy anything that is in argos.

Rolf Wed 04-Nov-09 23:04:16

I've used this website

blithedance Wed 04-Nov-09 23:06:49

Lilydolls? I'd have loved one of those when I was young smile

[http://www.lilydolls.co.uk/ here]

blithedance Wed 04-Nov-09 23:07:19

here

iheartdusty Thu 05-Nov-09 10:55:30

DD is nearly 8, and last year she asked for an 'old-fashioned' doll. I got her a porcelain headed doll from ebay, DD can undress her, and play with her as a 'friend'. This year she wants a bigger version of the same thing to fit some dolls clothes that we have. She pretends to be Sarah Crewe in 'A Little Princess', or an orphan from 'Annie' etc., hence the old-fashioned style.

maybe some ideas on this website or ebay shops?

btw DD also loves Hannah Montana, HSM, fashion design, science stuff - she is not a 'young' 7/8 yr old and is completely uninterested in baby dolls. She would find the Lilydolls babyish I think.

frazzled74 Thu 05-Nov-09 23:04:12

thanks that website is good, dd is quite interested in the "olden days" at the moment so she would probably like one of those.plus if she doesnt want to play with it, can still take prise of place on her shelves, which will please mil.

Clary Thu 05-Nov-09 23:08:33

oh blithedance lilydolls are fab.

DD has a number of their cheaper sisters Groovy Girls which she still plays with (had them out tonight with a friend).

She is 8 btw.

inchhighprivateeye Thu 05-Nov-09 23:22:52

Lots of nice trad dolls here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now