Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else finished their Christmas shopping?

(30 Posts)
Flightattendant Wed 04-Nov-09 19:09:27

..or shall I slink off and hide for another few weeks before starting this thread? grin

Oh and i just need to try the biscuit one biscuit

thanks

<dual porpoise thread>

bigchris Wed 04-Nov-09 19:11:22

nearly blush

sheeplikessleep Wed 04-Nov-09 19:11:57

haven't started, sssshhhh don't remind me

Kbear Wed 04-Nov-09 19:13:16

biscuit

Flightattendant Wed 04-Nov-09 19:15:29

Yy everyone please do try the biscuit.

<preempts massive rejection of thread by cunning means>

grin

BoobBuffet Wed 04-Nov-09 19:18:50

Show off! grin

Nearly forgot...biscuit

Flightattendant Wed 04-Nov-09 19:22:52

Have only got to get things for granny, sister/sil, and 2 ds's, that's it...so easy really.

i am freakishly unsettled until it is all done. Shopping with ds2 is a nightmare right now so I just dread not having enough time/chances to do it, and will worry unless I have it all sorted out.

Strange I know...

I am more organised than usual and have bought a few presents. smilebiscuit

Lizzylou Wed 04-Nov-09 19:28:33

I am almost there, have got most of them, just need to get a few more (am frantically wracking my brains over what to get wealthy BIL and SIL that will look impressive but not cost the earth!).
Never wrap em until CHristmas Eve/whenever I am about to see people though.

Flightattendant Wed 04-Nov-09 19:33:23

Lizzy you are so right. Much as i love wrapping I need to hold off as I always forget what is in them and this time I am waiting!

bigchris Wed 04-Nov-09 19:39:18

I find the earlier I start the more I change my mind and then I have loads of cheapo toys left over for school birthday parties biscuit

LilyloovesGuyFawkes Wed 04-Nov-09 20:51:45

Have almost finished dc's but have just counted up the cost of ds football kit he has asked for shock

Have yet to start family...

sparklycherrybomb Wed 04-Nov-09 23:27:29

nearly done

Marioandluigi Thu 05-Nov-09 16:01:56

I have finished, do I get an A*?

ilove Thu 05-Nov-09 16:05:15

Finished...wrapped...labelled...and POSTED half of them too!

Weegle Thu 05-Nov-09 16:05:55

bet I beat you - I had finished nearly a month ago and they are all wrapped and in a box ready to go, including brown paper and stamped for the ones which need posting...

<disclaimer> I am booked in for a C-section on the 23rd Dec, and we are moving in to rented accommodation on 5th Dec due to current building work... it was be ridiculously organised or bypass Christmas altogether...

Marne Thu 05-Nov-09 16:39:16

I have done most of mine, got all the dd's presents and wrapped half of them, i got all mine online as its easier to find bargains and compare prices.

I always leave dh's until the last few shopping days because i never know what to get him.

LuluSkipToMyLou Thu 05-Nov-09 16:40:31

biscuitenvyangry

sweetkitty Thu 05-Nov-09 16:41:08

About 5 to get

herbietea Thu 05-Nov-09 16:42:13

Message withdrawn

nicnacinoonoo Thu 05-Nov-09 16:47:11

yup finished all mine, cant wait to start wrapping but keep trying to hold myself off for a bit longer.

after christmas i buy all the birthday presents for everyone in the new year and store them in my 'present cupboard' until it's there birthdays.
<organisational freak!>

Jajas Thu 05-Nov-09 16:50:20

Good lord, there was me thinking that I was organised and ahead of myself as I have ordered 2 things on-line. I clearly have some way to go biscuit!

ScattyKatty Thu 05-Nov-09 17:19:49

I've done all of DS's which makes me happy! In my defence I bought him a tricycle that is handmade so needed to be ordered well in advance.

I've picked DH's but not bought it yet. I've retty much decided on everyone elses so feel pretty good biscuit

lilysam Thu 05-Nov-09 18:12:08

Got about half, and all the dc's done, stocking fillers etc.

I have 7 birthdays in december which adds to the problems!!

Disenchanted3 Thu 05-Nov-09 18:13:03

Will have tomorrow, just have to pick up a few things in afternoon.

But with still have 2 DC December birthdays to shop for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now