Talk

Advanced search

What does FC bring in your house?

(34 Posts)
giddykipper Tue 03-Nov-09 20:35:51

First Christmas where DS is old enough to get in the Christmas spirit and the whole Father Christmas thing.

What does Father Christmas bring in your house? Is it all the presents? In which case, how do you explain that some presents come from people? DH has suggests that FC goes and collects presents from different friends/relatives and delivers them all. I don't like this idea. I thought perhaps FC would just bring the stocking presents and everything else comes from people.

I know I'm over analysing this grin, I'm just getting giddy about Christmas!

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Tue 03-Nov-09 20:37:36

Father Christmas brings stocking and small stocking gifts,

PandaG Tue 03-Nov-09 20:38:18

stockings only here

mamster Tue 03-Nov-09 20:39:03

Go with your gut feel - my DH's family have so many rules about it I can't even remember it myself!!!

Overtiredmum Tue 03-Nov-09 20:39:07

Same, just stockings

BCNSback Tue 03-Nov-09 20:39:17

he fills the stockings and any pressies that are in the same paper as the stocking ones are wrapped in any other pressies are from us/ family

Stinkyfeet Tue 03-Nov-09 20:39:58

Just the stocking presents here. Everything else comes from actual people!

Rindercella Tue 03-Nov-09 20:41:35

I with you on this - FC should just bring the stocking presents and all other presents from family, etc. should be left under the tree.

For FC stocking fillers, I plan on getting small bits & pieces like books, small toys, etc.. Main present from us will be left under the tree and DD will know it's from us.

Nowtheres4 Tue 03-Nov-09 20:42:25

i wanted the credit for the big pressies such as the video games bikes etc that older children get at christmas, so we decided to say fc brings the stocking that is on the end of their bed on chrsitmas morning and contains small gifts. gifts include a pair of socks, thorntons chocolate lolly pops, notebook, pen/pencil, small car for younger ds, can of ted baker spray for 12 yr old ds, hair clips for dd1 and small things costing no more than a couple of £ each.

giddykipper Tue 03-Nov-09 20:48:57

Oh good, you all agree with me, I will take pleasure in telling DH that he's wrong

mazzystartled Tue 03-Nov-09 20:52:00

in our house a stocking full of little stuff mainly and maybe one show-stopper/much wanted item of modest value.

i think presents should come from real people

i am also trying to recession-proof christmas a bit - dcs more likely to understand that mummy and daddy can't necessarily afford all they desire. try explaining that santa is skint!

eandh Tue 03-Nov-09 21:00:12

same as everyone her

FC brings stockings/same paper presents (dont always fit in stocking) oh and the dd's go our and choose the paper and I post it to FC!

Main present/s from us in different paper

All other presents are from set people so they know Nanny and Grandad bought X, auntie and uncle got x etc etc

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Tue 03-Nov-09 21:02:43

FC brings the joint presents in our house (or at least he is this yr - first yr DD old enough to really enjoy it and DS born in Feb so now got 2 of them) and the stocking fillers for good girls and boys.

norksinmywaistband Tue 03-Nov-09 21:06:03

Stockings for DC and one wished for present each.

shockers Tue 03-Nov-09 21:15:08

FC brings stockings and all of the presents that weren't under the tree on Christmas eve. I don't know why other than it's always been so since I was a child.

sparklycherrybomb Wed 04-Nov-09 00:48:10

my dc's have a small santa sack, which is filled with junk little bits of stuff, pencils, always a cake/cookie kit, colouring book, little novelty bits from hawkins bazaar, and generally any cheap little bits i pick up. then they have stockings which are not from fc, containing an apple and orange, bag of choc coins, xmas lolly, new pants and socks, rubbers, pencil sharpeners, can of deodorant for ds1 (11) more random little bits of shit stuff, and always a small teddy at the top.

pooter Wed 04-Nov-09 00:57:56

Im in the same position as you giddykipper, in that DS will be 2.9 at christmas, and sort of understands that FC brings pressies etc. I have whipped myself up into a frenzy of excitement about it and am obsessing about the detail of "yes, but what EXACTLY does FC leave, and where, and should we do mince pie carrot and sherry for him? what about floury footprints? Should we write a letter?".

this is a tad more complicated because we will be at my parents for Christmas Eve and morning, along with my bro, SIL and their children (a baby and one of the same age as my DS) so i feel that a coordinated effort is required so FC brings the same type of thing - I mean how would it look if one boy got a stocking off FC and the other got one off his parents?? (probably nil in teh cosmic sense, but you can see how i am being carried away by this!)

Upshot - Stocking and one main pressie = FC, to be left at the foot of the bed. (you cant beat that feeling on xmas morning of something long and lumpy across your legs - HE's BEEN!!!)

a few random pressies under the tree from us

I have already wrapped everything blush
In coded wrapping paper so i know what is from FC blushblush.

frazzled74 Wed 04-Nov-09 01:07:24

father christmas brings stocking/sack presents plus main.(mum and dad dont buy for their children, but give father christmas ideas).other presents come from extended family ,these are opened seperately from father christmas presents.I dont mind not getting credit for pressies, presents are always more exciting when from the man himself!

pooter Wed 04-Nov-09 01:14:14

I remember when i was 7 i wondered why FC - a man i had never met - was so generous, while my parents only got me one smallish gift. (a sindy wardrobe if i recall correctly).

I also remember, to my shame, ranting about a dressing up dress kind of like the ones my two friends got from FC, but not as good. Apparently i was convinced the goblins made it, not the elves. My poor mum stayed up late for weeks sewing that for me blush. And she hates sewing. Horrible child i was!

HeSaysSheSays Wed 04-Nov-09 01:43:03

In our house all the gifts are bought by family and sent off to FC - after all there is no way the elves could make everything so we help them.... then FC adds some magic dust and delivers them on christmas eve - along with one small gift and a stocking.

Of course FC also arrives every night of advent with a small gift and a little letter about what he has been doing that day and how excited he is to see they have been good/been out/did well at school. It is magic - they never see him but he manages to put a gift on each pillow (something like a tiny choc bar wrapped up), pop the letter through the letter box and pop the advent chocolate into each advent calender for that day. Sometimes he also leaves a box with an activity for the next day - like making the crackers for the christmas table or making biscuits in tree shapes or something, this is always under the tree (which goes up the first day of December...I love christmas.

After all that there is no way he would have time to make all the gifts grin

piprabbit Wed 04-Nov-09 02:04:04

As well as generously providing DCs with a lovely stocking each, FC acts as a kind of all purpose delivery man. He fills a sack for the children and puts anything too big for the sack under the tree. However, these presents all come from real people. If FC is feeling really generous then he sometimes slips in one or two extra pressies in the sack labelled 'from FC'.
Sometimes, DH also gets a present from FC too, but so far I have not had a FC gift sad. And after all the effort I put in to weave the christmas magic.....

Waswondering Wed 04-Nov-09 06:36:41

Stockings here too - left at fireplace so different from under the tree. Under the tree gets added to on Christmas Eve - but that's from us/family. Actually - I don't think we put ANY presents under the tree before Christmas eve to stop the dc (now 6 and 3) investigating, though I don't think htey would touch them now!

Furball Wed 04-Nov-09 07:15:17

Ds(8) Dh, and I, put our stockings out at the end of our beds and FC fills them with alsorts of goodies.

We then have presents under the tree that people have given

My mum and dad still have stockings and their nearly 80! I love that they still do that.

sunnyshine Wed 04-Nov-09 07:47:03

fc brings small asked for presents here. lasy year paint and this year 2 specific ty beanies! everything else from people!

StephHaydock Wed 04-Nov-09 13:22:33

DS (4) writes a letter (OK, I write it for him!) to FC asking for 3 things. FC brings them for him (if he's been a good boy wink) + he fills his stocking with little toys he thinks DS will like (because FC is a very clever man who can read minds...).

Other presents are from relatives, friends, us etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now