Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone going to Center Parcs for Christmas?

(80 Posts)
PDRlovesbiscuits Tue 03-Nov-09 17:59:15

We are! [so excited]

chosenone Tue 03-Nov-09 18:08:04

and us, well the weekend before, can't wait. We've booked breakfast with santa, the family ice party and fireworks and the panto. Were going to Sherwood Forest

PDRlovesbiscuits Tue 03-Nov-09 18:20:41

We're at Longleat 23-28th - just got the activities guide in the post - so exciting!!!!!!

AlaskaNebraska Tue 03-Nov-09 18:23:51

its a bit hellish CP isnt it?
i cant imagine wanting to spend xmas there

brimfull Tue 03-Nov-09 18:25:09

won't it cost a small fortune?

inlaws want us to go easter holidays

have never been-dd is refusing

AlaskaNebraska Tue 03-Nov-09 18:26:29

we went
it was ok ish but rather frantic and a bit annoying
BUT the kids liked it
i didnt i dont think
i coudlnt decide.

brimfull Tue 03-Nov-09 18:37:53

think we are going to just go for the day

cornsilkwearscorsets Tue 03-Nov-09 18:40:04

We went one xmas - twas lovely and sparkly.

we are at Elveden the week before cant wait

tigger32 Tue 03-Nov-09 18:53:30

ooh I am so jealous envy we have been the weekend before Christmas every year for the last 3 and love it!
Not going this year as baby no.3 due in a couple of weeks and didn't fancy taking a newborn!
Have fun smile

PDRlovesbiscuits Tue 03-Nov-09 18:58:47

Not hellish IMO - I love CP but never been at Xmas before...

We usually go in September time and then again at Easter. I find it to be very relaxing TBH but maybe I am odd!

T'is v expensive but hopefully will be worth it. Have already spend vast amounts of money on spa treatments!

StephHaydock Tue 03-Nov-09 19:01:52

I've always wanted to go - looks great for the brats - but their prices are daylight robbery.

bigchris Tue 03-Nov-09 19:06:27

i've never been but most people i know have and make me feel guilty cos 'the kids will love it'

well yes they'd love disneyland florida too but it costs ££££
would be intrigued to know more about xmasCP though

PDRlovesbiscuits Tue 03-Nov-09 19:08:26

I don't think it has cost as much as going to a nice hotel for 5 nights over Christmas..... and much more fun!

spudmasher Tue 03-Nov-09 19:26:44

We are at Elveden 21st-23rd. Lisa123 I will look out for you!!!
Cheap as chips.

Hulababy Tue 03-Nov-09 19:32:43

I went for the week before Christmas last year and it was great. Really liked it. Was first time we'd been. was a bit sceptical, but as it was term time still for state schools it didn't cost so much. Anyway we were convinced. It really was lovely, and we had a fun and relaxing holiday.

Can only imagine the cost for being their over Christmas!!!

nannynick Tue 03-Nov-09 19:52:24

Going mid December to Longleat, bit cheaper then than nearer to Xmas. Going with family, meeting up with my sisters, neice, nephews, etc! I do wonder if I'll be used to provide childcare - better not... I want to go to the AquaSana most evenings.

spud we are there the 14th to 19th so will miss you im afraid. We are going as a whole big huge group think about 60 in total!

PDRlovesbiscuits Tue 03-Nov-09 20:51:49

Wow! 60! That would be such fun!

we are all from the same congragation, as we dont do christmas its a horrible time of year for the kids at school, they spend a lot of time sitting in other classes, not learning and very upset, so seems best plan. Im staying in a lodge with just us and my parents but i think everyone is dotted around. Lovely though as so many kids for the kids to play with

StephHaydock Wed 04-Nov-09 08:54:59

I don't understand how it is cheap? Did you have a promotional discount. I often look at their website and it comes back with silly prices like £800 for 4 nights midweek (most recently). It wants to be magical for that, I tell ya!

shinyshoes Wed 04-Nov-09 10:29:02

I'm there on 7TH December for a midweek break. I can't wait, I'm a CP virgin and have heard so many good things about it.

My break was cheap enough, I have to take the children out of school but to be honest we haven't had a family holiday in 6 years and so much has happened this year we need to get away.

ELVEDEN HERE WE COME !!!!

if your going in school holidays or weekend its very costly! a week before christmas, for 4 nights next year is £219 for the 6 of us thats 4 adults

nannynick Wed 04-Nov-09 18:20:25

Center Parcs uses dynamic pricing, so the price can vary quite a bit even day to day. Like airlines, it can be cheaper to book out of peek season and well in advance. The more flexible with dates you can be the better, as you can then look up pricing for all the possible date combinations and pick the cheapest. Also sometimes a large villa is cheaper than a small one. This I think occurs due to promotions that may be run from time to time, plus some villas in some locations are not that popular. For example, at CP Longleat... Fir area is the furthest from the swimming complex, thus a villa there can be lower cost than a villa in Pine (which is near to the swimming pool). Also they have many different villa types... if you are not that fussed about being in a specific type, then Comfort or Comfort Plus will generally be lower cost than say Woodland or Executive - though it does vary, as CP does sometimes run promotions on certain villa types.
At the moment, looks like Nottingham has a special on for Mid-Week 14th December (see Special Offers) on a 3-Bedroom Comfort villa.
Mid-Week is often I find the best value, though hard for me to go on without specifically booking the time off from work in advance.

sour Wed 04-Nov-09 20:12:34

We are going to cp longleat for 10 days 18 December to 28 December bring it on cant wait went 3 years ago and loved it PDR lovesbiscuits see you there

PS little tip the whole break cost 1300 pounds book today will cost 2300 book early we booked 16 months ago

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now