Talk

Advanced search

Xmas presents for a 1 yr old girl (not clothes)

(9 Posts)
StephHaydock Tue 03-Nov-09 13:40:43

Any ideas? I'm baffled as to what to buy my 1 yr old DD for Xmas. I just want to buy her a few things she can open (so very cheap) and maybe one present she will love and get use out of.

kif Tue 03-Nov-09 13:45:09

Well, buy her whatever is missing from her 'capsule toy collection' . (Y'know, like a 'capsule wardrobe'.)

Wooden bricks? Something on wheels like the happyland train and train track, or a basic garage and cars? A ball? A toy hammer?

Indith Tue 03-Nov-09 13:48:24

I have some fisher price roll arounds for dd, we have one knocking around that got given to us in a bunch of hand me downs for ds and she loves chasing after it and rolling about. Ds still likes it too and he will be 3 in Jan. Because both mine have Christmas/Jan birthday we try to get stuff to last the whole year ahead. When ds was 1 we got stuff like a rocking horse, toddle truck, ride on car, some of which he used right away and some of which he grew in to. All are still used and dd is fast growing into them.

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 03-Nov-09 13:51:49

another vote for Happyland stuff here.
Also this is great and is played with over and over by my kids

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 03-Nov-09 13:52:36

or books - can't go wrong with Monkey Puzzle, Room on the Broom, Kipper books etc

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 03-Nov-09 13:53:39

DD got most use out of her V Tech walker at this age. I think they're about £35 but she played with it almost every day for over a year.

As for things to open - there wasn't really much dd needed or played with (and we have so much stuff off other people) so we just bought practical stocking filler type things (little toothbrush, cutlery set with favourite tv character on, bath toys, little books etc)

em83 Tue 03-Nov-09 13:55:44

board books,
first baby annabell doll?
dolls 1st puschair
crayola chunky crayons and colouring pad
wooden blocks £13 from elc

peanutbutterkid Tue 03-Nov-09 13:56:35

Shape-sorters, stacking cups, little dolls she can pull the heads off of (DS loves those the best).
An ice cream, they are usually easily pleased at this age, which is quite nice.

sunnyshine Tue 03-Nov-09 14:00:23

my dd favourit thing and still is is the galt photo album. it is soft and chewable and you put 6 photos in it i think. she recognises everyone in it now and drags it ariound behind her showing people!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now