Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

still stuck for 6 year old girl present

(18 Posts)
scottishmummyofone Mon 02-Nov-09 15:13:05

I'm still stuck for what to get my 6 (almost 7) year old niece. My budget is £25 for her of which I have already spent £10 on small things. i'd like to get her a big thing for £15.

She's not very girly and likes to help her nana in the kitchen and garden. She also likes taking pictures so I thought of a camera like kiddizoom although that's too expensive

Any recommendations please?

displayuntilbestbefore Mon 02-Nov-09 15:14:35

kids' cookery kit - wooden spoons, aprin, bowls etc?

I've always found 6yr old girls seem to love bags, so maybe a nice bag she can put stuff in?

displayuntilbestbefore Mon 02-Nov-09 15:15:08

or even an apron?! can't type!

mrsruffallo Mon 02-Nov-09 15:17:07

How about this?
I am considering it for DD as I think it looks like great fun

mrsruffallo Mon 02-Nov-09 15:19:33

Sorry, just saw your budget.
This is delightful

CakeBuddy Mon 02-Nov-09 15:25:13

How about a gardening kit or a cookery set? If she likes making things how about a craft kit or knitting nancy? Bath bomb kit or chemistry set? Make a piggy bank / bird house / paint your own dinner plate kit?

All things that she could use and provide activities to keep her entertained on cold wintery days - but would require adult input so maybe not so good for solo play......

For the camera theme you could get her a sparkly / fun looking disposable camera and Boots voucher to get it developed?

I love choosing christmas presents, especially for kids... maybe because I'm still such a child at heart? hmm

Swedes2Turnips0 Mon 02-Nov-09 15:26:23

these? envy

scottishmummyofone Mon 02-Nov-09 16:08:18

loving that book by the way, might go for that, thanks!

She got a paint your own birdhouse last year from us!

ellokitty Mon 02-Nov-09 19:32:35

I'm buying my daughter a refurbished (but brand new refurb iyswim) ipod shuffle. £16 from the apple website. Then I'll put on all her favourite tracks, and at £16, its not too pricey if she loses it.
HTH

duckyfuzz Mon 02-Nov-09 19:40:52

against my better judgement I have got one of these each for my twins who will be 6 just before Christmas. I have a feeling they will love them!

bentleyschoolrunmum Thu 05-Nov-09 12:38:18

Vivitar do great digital cameras at really good prices - it's much better to get these than the rubbish, extortionate ones they do just for children. I got my 2 dds Vivitar cameras for their 6th and 8th birthdays and they have been a great success. Try Amazon and Argos. They come with a sim card and batteries or charger.

ShinyAndNew Thu 05-Nov-09 12:53:20

Dd1 is 6 and is currently going mad for Aqua beads and Lets Cook Fruit Factory. Both of which are around £15/20.

You can get really cheap, pink digital cameras in Tesco fo about £15. But they are not designed for children so will break if they decide to throw them down the stairs.

MintyCane Thu 05-Nov-09 12:57:46

You could get a go go hamster if you can find one, they are 9.99 and all the kids round here want one this year.

DaftApeth Thu 05-Nov-09 13:43:00

Ellokitty - I didn't know that you could get re-furbished ipods.

Unfortunately, they are out of stock on the apple website. Do they have them in store too, do you know?

ellokitty Thu 05-Nov-09 18:13:48

Not sure, we got ours online. Shame, as £16 is quite a bargain for an ipod!

MedusaHead Thu 05-Nov-09 18:22:44

Butterfly growing kit

My 5 year old DD is getting one of these and I know she will love it.

frazzled74 Thu 05-Nov-09 23:56:15

butterfly growing kit is great, am getting one for dd 6 and neice 11.

inchhighprivateeye Fri 06-Nov-09 09:29:37

How about this dressmaking doll? Looks quite creative. I think they have them in JOhn Lewis

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now