Talk

Advanced search

I have no idea what to buy DH for Xmas

(12 Posts)

and I'm looking for inspiration/ideas.

He doesn't read, doesn't like music, not into sports apart from paragliding. Any paragliding stuff he wants he has already apart from something that costs £600 and is way too much. He's not into clothes and doesn't wear aftershave.

I got him a flight in a bi-plane last year which he hasn't bothered doing and I think the voucher's expired now so not keen to get any more experience days.. Max £100 budget.

He's very difficult to buy for. He's interested in space exploration. I've bought him a history of space flight book for his birthday which is only a couple of weeks before Xmas. That was my one idea and I don't have anymore.

CLOVER81 Mon 02-Nov-09 12:20:43

what about a telescope?

AnnieOneForTennis Mon 02-Nov-09 12:22:09

A case of wine for you to share grin

Not sure about a telescope, he's interested in space exploration but I think more the shuttels, etc. He's never shown any interest in astronomy.

He doesn't like wine (or beer).

The best present I ever got him was a £20 foam remote control helicopter toy that he spent ages flying around the kitchen.

andlipsticktoo Mon 02-Nov-09 12:50:55

A box set of dvds?
The wire if he hasn't seen it.

A weekend break for two? wink

KnottyLocks Mon 02-Nov-09 12:55:27

An astronaut suit?

TheHouseofMirth Mon 02-Nov-09 19:57:04

Something from here?

StopTalkingAndEatYourDinner Mon 02-Nov-09 21:14:18

I am getting my DH a years subscription to Love Film for his birthday (this month) and a bluray player for xmas. Find mine v hard to buy for too!

SandyChick Mon 02-Nov-09 21:26:04

What about this?

Im getting DH snowboarding lessons.

passthevino Mon 02-Nov-09 21:34:28

The 'I want one of those' website has quite good gadgets/stocking fillers for blokes. Think it's just iwantoneofthose.com.

My DH is the same, have resorted to little jokey things and the odd interesting DVD or autobiography!

jazzandh Tue 03-Nov-09 09:39:30

My DH is the same - this year we have agreed a joint present between us...

In the past I have bought him a Wii, BBQ, and last year a pogo
(more expensive last year) ...digital camera or mobile phone upgrade.....

Thanks for all the ideas.

I'm going to get him this from the site passthevino recommended.

www.iwantoneofthose.com/the-neocube-alpha/index.html

Also a basic pay as you go Nokia phone. He's not into upgrading for the latest model but his current phone is 10 years old with a cracked screen so he could do with a new one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now