Talk

Advanced search

How much do you lot pay for an artificial xmas tree

(9 Posts)
famishedass Sun 01-Nov-09 19:08:28

and how many years do you use it for.

I paid £50 for my artificial green tree about 7 years ago and want to get a new one.

How many times do you lot use your tree before you buy another one?

girlywhirly Mon 02-Nov-09 10:20:15

I bought our 5.5 ft artificial green tree in 2002, so this will be its'. 7th year, and the cat has climbed it for 3 of those years! It was £59.99 and still looks good. I won't replace it until it is no longer good looking or repairable. I think the better quality, the longer they keep going for. Ours is only on display for about 3 weeks, and we have no young children or dogs to knock it over, which will help its survival!

If you want a new tree, you can sell your old one second-hand in the local paper, as I did if it's still in good condition. The guy who bought ours wanted a second tree for their dining room.

5inthehousesofparliament Mon 02-Nov-09 10:23:10

I paid £30 for a gorgeous one from Tesco a few years ago. They ALWAYS reduce them end of November/beginning of December so hang on until they do if you can.

preciouslillywhite Mon 02-Nov-09 10:24:41

I just saw one for 200 euros in Holland...it had an upturned umbrella thing underneath it to collect the fake snow that it spouted out of the top..

it was truly geeeeeenius. I was sorely tempted smile

frazzled74 Mon 02-Nov-09 10:33:16

I have a white one and a green one, both about £30 in next sale, bought over last 2 years. prior to that had a b and q one which cost £50 and lasted 10 years.

GrapefruitMoon Mon 02-Nov-09 17:02:28

I usually have a real tree but saw this recently and am tempted...

here

Not sure the rest of the family will go for a non-traditional tree though!

mogs0 Mon 02-Nov-09 18:15:14

My mum got mine from a charity shop for £3! I don't think it had ever been used. I've had it about 6 or 7 years and it still looks good.

Also, my mum had the same artificial tree for years and years when I was living at home. It must have been around for at least 25 years before she dumped it on gave it to my sister, who promptly threw it out because it was knackered!!!

thrifty Mon 02-Nov-09 18:27:22

we paid about 70 quid for ours its done 4 christmas's so far, it just looks so nice up. we wanted a thin tree due to lack of space. it will go up again this year.

alwayslookingforanswers Mon 02-Nov-09 18:31:21

we paid about £50 irrc for ours 3 years ago (so used twice). I'm about to ebay it though as we're going "real" this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now