Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of getting DCs iPod touch for Christmas- How much do apps cost

(12 Posts)
teamcullen Fri 30-Oct-09 19:46:09

I was wondering how much the games and add ons such as facebook or movies cost. I tried looking on the app store but couldnt find out any prices.

Are they cheap enough (under £5) so that DCs could buy them themselves or I could buy them a game for special treats

threetinytots Fri 30-Oct-09 19:57:46

There are lots of cheap(59p) and free apps. Even the most expensive games are usually less than £5. Facebook is free.

teamcullen Fri 30-Oct-09 20:38:44

Thanks threetinytots- A £15 iTunes card should go a long way to start them off then. smile

BlurredBoundaries Fri 30-Oct-09 22:17:45

Does anyone know how the games compare to those you can play on a psp?

I guess that they are more basic but have never seen an ipod touch in use.

How many games apps are there for the ipod touch?

bramblebooks Fri 30-Oct-09 22:46:50

some are free, others cost from about 50p to around a fiver. My son is 13 and loves to play on the itouch (as well as his xbox!). See if you can access the app store on itunes to see for yourself.
facebook app is free, as is one linked to twitter.

teamcullen Sat 31-Oct-09 11:29:43

blurredboundaries- the games remind me of playstation 1 quality. You tilt and tap the screen to operate the games, which is good fun factor in its self. smile

As there is so much you can do on it though, I dont think the DCs will get board quick and it will be great for car journeys.

It even has something called Nike+ built in, which I think is like the fitness thingy you can get for the DS.

Thanks bramblebooks, I havent tried to access it through iTunes, will try now.

BlurredBoundaries Sat 31-Oct-09 12:03:39

Ds is only 8, he has a nintendo ds, wii and platstation 2 (well, the last 2 are family things).

He has suddenly decided that he wants a psp (his ds is on it's last legs really).

The more I hear about the ipod touch, the more I wonder if it would be better than the psp.

Would he think the games too simple/unexciting after all the other ones he's used to?

teamcullen Sat 31-Oct-09 12:27:07

My brother has an iPod touch, DS1 is 10, and has a psp but has been on the iPod touch a lot when he is with my brother. I have just sounded DS out and he thinks that the iPod touch is better value for money as it does so much more than the psp. The games are cheaper and easier to access as you only have to download them as apposed to go shopping for them.

My other DS is 7. He was the first to initially ask for one. I am going to download all his Roald Darl audio books onto it rather than music.

We also have a wii and Nintendo DS knocking around the house. Monkey Ball which we have on wii is avalible on Ipod touch as is guitar hero. Both are firm favorites so it will be good to get them on the iPod touch for a fraction of the price smile

bellavita Sat 31-Oct-09 12:30:22

DS1 (12) has just bought himself an I-Pod Touch (it arrived yesterday). He is made up with it. He has downloaded all the free apps and has just said to me there are loads of them that are really good.

BlurredBoundaries Sat 31-Oct-09 12:35:17

I think you have confirmed my exact thoughts on it.

The price of the games does make the ipod touch more attractive than the psp And he has been keen to listen to my ipod recently.

Watching him prance around to 'eye of the tiger', playing air guitar, is hilariousgrin

Thankyou for your help.

BlurredBoundaries Sat 31-Oct-09 12:37:26

Ooh, now have just heard that ipod touch suffers because battery runs out!

But then he'll probably mostly use it at home anyway.

teamcullen Sun 01-Nov-09 15:00:41

Comet are selling it with a free speaker/docking station which is only small but looks fine for bedrooms.

The reveiws for the speaker are really good and they say it charges when it is playing as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now