Talk

Advanced search

ELC Thomas Play Table

(4 Posts)
SpookyScattyKatty Thu 29-Oct-09 07:58:41

I'm thinking of this and this for my 21 month old son for his 2nd birthday in January to go with some Thomas stuff people have already got him for Xmas.

However I am a little nervous that there always seem to be so many on ebay! They go for very high prices but I wonder if children grow out of them very fast hmm
DS loves them in ELC but if anyone has one pleeeeaaase tell me how well the quality stands up and how long your DS's played with it for?

It's a investment toy really so I need to get it right and it last a long time IYSWIM Thanks in advance

purepurple Thu 29-Oct-09 08:10:30

I think it is rather expensive for a table.
I wonder if it would be better to have the train track on the floor. Surely the floor offers more possibility for changing the design of the layout and extending it.
IMHO, the table is a bit one-dimensional and limits imaginative play instead of extending it.
But, it does look very appealing and I can see why children would like it.
I would wonder how long the appeal would last, though.

katylou25 Thu 29-Oct-09 08:53:31

My 2 (3 and 4) LOVE trains but wouldn't play with them on the table as part of the fun as they get older is making the train track as long as possible and making stories about where thomas has to go etc - ds1 even likes building it up and down the step we've got between rooms - IMO the table is very limited for when they're little before they enjoy making the track etc

SpookyScattyKatty Thu 29-Oct-09 10:09:54

Hmmmm, I guess at the moment the table seems the perfect height for him but he won't be this height forever I guess

I think selfishly I like the table as I do want to limit the train stuff a bit and not have it spread all over the floor blush I thought it would get glued on and then he would just play with it there but I guess he probably will want to start extending it as he gets older which maybe why there are so many on ebay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now