Talk

Advanced search

Which toy garage is best for 2 yr old?

(4 Posts)
scienceteachermum Wed 28-Oct-09 21:48:14

We want to buy DS1 a garage for Christmas (he is 2 and a half) and want to get one that is robust, but also interesting enough for him. We have seen the ELC Big city garage and think it looks ok, has any got any thoughts on this or can recommend any other garages.

preggersslaysandchops Wed 28-Oct-09 21:54:18

my DS has the ELC whizz around garage, it was bought for him when he was really little (when he was one I think) and he liked pressing the buttons etc on it. He still plays with it now (he is 2.5) but more imaginative play with his trucks. They also have one at nursery which gets a lot of use in the 2-5 room.

The Big City one looks more complex so probably better for your DS. I am finding at this age they are more into making up stories and playing than getting excited by buttons/sounds etc. Its got petrol pumps as well, my DS would be thrilled by that!

SCARYspicemonster Wed 28-Oct-09 21:54:31

There was another thread about this recently. I and several others have the big city garage and it's very good. It's also robust enough for a 2 or 3 year old to stand on which is of course important. It makes noises though but you can always take the batteries out if they drive you bonkers wink

WaitingForVino Thu 29-Oct-09 17:57:19

Oh sorry the Big City garage really, really disappointed us. The lift was forever getting stuck at top & bottom and bits would fall off periodically. Pain in the arse to keep clean also. Happiest day of my life when I finally got DH to agree to bin it!
Instead I'd go for a wooden version. Worth paying for something better than plastic! Whizz round mountain is more robust, but really for younger kids ie, for 2 and under.
HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now