Talk

Advanced search

Tiny things for advent calendars?

(21 Posts)
NightShoe Wed 28-Oct-09 20:44:22

We have one of the wooden advent calendars which is lovely but I just don't know what I can put in it this year. I did the hairslides/bands and play jewellery last year and I want tod osmething different. Surely there must be somewhere that sells filler packs for these things?

NightShoe Wed 28-Oct-09 20:46:05

do something different even.

Damn red wine.

littlerach Wed 28-Oct-09 20:50:02

stickers?

clues that lead each day to a surprise?

sweets?

We out a little xmas choc in each pocket now they are older.

NightShoe Wed 28-Oct-09 21:09:05

Thank you littlerach, I think stickers could be a good plan mixed with chocolates, I was just hoping that somewhere would sell lovely little sets of 24 tiny things smile

feetheart Wed 28-Oct-09 21:12:02

Rubbers are good too, as are little animal/insects - found these in a cheapie shop a few years ago and should last a few years yet!

Am going to put a bath pearl in a few drawers this year too.

murderonthemidnightexpress Wed 28-Oct-09 21:14:44

Oh, now someone last Christmas (I think it was) had a link to a website that did loads of really sweet wee things that would be perfect.

How about that - I bookmarked it

NightShoe Wed 28-Oct-09 21:17:48

I love the bath pearls idea, DD would love that and now you have said it I realise that I saw some star shaped ones in an M&S outlet for £3.50, I should have bought them! She is also just getting into rubbers, so that would work too. I'm just off to look at that website.

madrush Wed 28-Oct-09 21:18:02

depending on age of children, notes with christmassy activities can work just as well (like snuggle up and watch the snowman, write christmas cards, make christmas shaped cookies ... etc)
My girls love it and I think I nicked got the idea from mumsnet a couple of years ago.

NightShoe Wed 28-Oct-09 21:23:28

Lots of tiny things on that website, I'm going to order a few bits. Thank you for all the ideas, I'm going to try a combination of everything to keep it novel for her. Thanks again.

shockers Wed 28-Oct-09 21:25:44

Love that website!

Heated Wed 28-Oct-09 21:46:16

Thank you Murder, that's a fabulous website, have added it to favourites

LolaLadybird Thu 29-Oct-09 07:57:00

Madrush - I saved the thread with the ideas for things to do on it from last year ... (unusual moment of efficiency!!)

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/christmas_08/639572-Help-me-think-of-24-Christmassy-things-to-do?pg=1

aoifesmama Thu 29-Oct-09 10:27:51

I remember that thread Lolaladybird - thank you!

bloodredcherrymonster Thu 29-Oct-09 10:48:03

lego people fit nicely

Sunshinemummified Thu 29-Oct-09 11:01:37

Paperchase have lots of small things you can put in. I have a set of minature nativity characters that I put in mine along with a small chocolate. DS then has a minature tree in his playroom to add the nativity figures to as he gets them.

I like the idea of things to do though.

TheBlairSnitchProject Thu 29-Oct-09 11:10:45

How about buying a little lego kit (a little car or something) and putting a few pieces in everyday (enough for one step?) so that by Christmas they have a new lego vehicle?

Probably better for boys that one although Lego do make Click-it's and other sets for girls too...

pugsandseals Thu 29-Oct-09 15:19:34

We've just bought the fairy playmobil advent calender- most of those gifts would fit in your wooden box. DD loves them, this is her 3rd playmobil xmas grin

missingthepumpkin Thu 29-Oct-09 15:23:40

sadly mine are at the age where £1 is nice and £5 is really brilliant.

I wish someone would do one for me with a lego kit in it. Maybe build-your-own-fireman?

I put chocolate in ours which they are more than happy with.

TheBlairSnitchProject Thu 29-Oct-09 16:06:39

The LEGO shop do one with lego kits in missing - it costs a fortune though!

I'm looking forward to DS being big enough for me to do the DIY lego calendar. He's only 2 at the moment and Duplo is very big!!

TheBlairSnitchProject Thu 29-Oct-09 16:21:49

Here is a cheapish one.

The LEGO castle one is £44!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now