Talk

Advanced search

Looking for nice knitted Christmas stocking

(12 Posts)
Frrrightattendant Wed 28-Oct-09 15:47:05

I have got a knitted one from accessorize for ds1 a few years ago, but ds2 hasn't got one.
I wondered if anyone had seen any nice pretty ones, and if they wouldn't mind sharing where to get them! smile

Thankyou.

(I might have to try and knit him one otherwise which means of course he will have half a foot and a toe section in time for Christmas grin

bloodredcherrymonster Wed 28-Oct-09 16:09:38

no idea i'm afraid, but if you want i can ask my mum to knit one for him, she is very good, will be done in time for xmas and will probably only charge a couple of quid plus postage. xxx

giggleloop Wed 28-Oct-09 16:19:41

I got some good ones from ebay last year. I'll try to find the seller

giggleloop Wed 28-Oct-09 16:21:48

Think it was these. She made me non football ones and I could choose the length.

Frrrightattendant Wed 28-Oct-09 17:09:52

Thankyou very much smile

Cherrymonster that is very lovely of you. Your mum sounds great! I think I might try and knit my own though, I have got loads of wool - just need to find pattern now!

bloodredcherrymonster Wed 28-Oct-09 17:47:31

thanks fright. yes my mum is lovely, absolutly bloody wonderful in fact, and i could not ask for a better mum. she is a god send, as i have been a single mum of 4 for nearly 2 years now, and she helps me out loads. i love her to bits!

Frrrightattendant Wed 28-Oct-09 17:55:46

smile

stakethroughtheheartofgold Wed 28-Oct-09 18:05:59

i made this for dd1 a few years back. dd2 is old enough for a stocking now so will be making another one this year. probably in purple/white. if you're confident knitting on dpns it's only a small step up - this was the first fairisle i'd ever done.

stakethroughtheheartofgold Wed 28-Oct-09 18:06:47

btw it's just a normal sock pattern, scaled up with 5mm pins and aran yarn.

Frrrightattendant Wed 28-Oct-09 18:14:02

Wow, that is AMAZING!!!

I don't suppose you could point me at a similar pattern at all?

stakethroughtheheartofgold Wed 28-Oct-09 18:18:39

aw thanks

its the winter dreams sock here, scroll down. i put in an extra half row of stitches to swivel the leg pattern round to the side.

i have to order yarn for dd2's and i haven't a clue how much i used, really really should have written that down.

Frrrightattendant Wed 28-Oct-09 18:31:19

Thankyou, it looks quite tricky but will see what wool I have got and be brave!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now