Talk

Advanced search

Night Vision goggles that work, but don't cost the earth?

(8 Posts)
Plonker Tue 27-Oct-09 22:57:38

...does such a thing exist?

Dd wants a pair of night vision goggles for Christmas. She saw these advertised and was smitten - I saw the price and was, ahem, rather less than smitten (£89.99!!!) shock

We've already bought her main pressie (a bike) and even if we hadn't, there's no way I'm spending 90 quid on a pair of goggles for a 6yo!

So, my question is, is there such things as night vision goggles that work, but don't cost as much as the real things?

I have looked and seen these which are a much more acceptable price - but do they work?

Anyone got these ...or similar?

whomovedmychocolatecookie Tue 27-Oct-09 23:01:44

Cheaper at John Lewis here

Suspect the el cheapo ones are just sunglasses with a little light projecting out of them!

Plonker Tue 27-Oct-09 23:06:57

Bloody hell, still not much cheaper!
Thanks anyway whomoved smile

I do suspect you're right about the el cheapo ones though, unfortunately ...

Waswondering Tue 27-Oct-09 23:12:14

We were thinking of this for ds (6) too!

Saw some in Sainsburys at £15 - but wondering now if that's too cheap. Some were advertised on tv at the weekend for around £40 I think - can't remember where though (sorry!).

Marking my place. . . .

LuluDanceOnMyGrave Tue 27-Oct-09 23:14:56

Oh gawd, ds wants these too! They look horrendously expensive, but in a gadgety geeky kind of way I soooo want to buy them for him and play with them myself.

Plonker Tue 27-Oct-09 23:32:16

Thanks waswondering - I'll keep an eye out.

Lulu - me too!! grin ...I just can't justify spending £80/£90 even though I really want too!

hannahsaunt Wed 28-Oct-09 12:55:12

We got the ones in Sainsbury's half price so £7.50 for ds1 and they are fine. We're not expecting him to go out into the forest and hunt for terrorists so perfectly adequate for small child.

Plonker Fri 30-Oct-09 16:54:50

lol yes, you're absolutely right grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now