Talk

Advanced search

50% off ALL Toys at Sainsburys from Thursday!!! 1/2 Pice Toys!!

(14 Posts)
allthreerolledintoone Tue 27-Oct-09 14:59:21

apparently but would check with your local store as some are running from tommarrow. Has anyone been before any good?

AllBuggiedOut Tue 27-Oct-09 15:10:13

Thanks for the tip!

I got some playmobil stuff there a year or two back, and some of their own brand little bits as stocking fillers. A small marble run for £2.50, and those wind up vehicles that run along a track were less than £2 too.

lilysam Thu 29-Oct-09 08:17:45

ONLINE NOW TOO [GRIN]

bgt Thu 29-Oct-09 09:32:16

most of the stuff seems out of stock :-(

shinybaubles Thu 29-Oct-09 09:42:36

yes but it's all sold out envy

lilysam Thu 29-Oct-09 11:58:54

It wasn;t when i went on first thing, but by the time i made my mind up then went to the checkout it was sad

Divatheshopaholic Thu 29-Oct-09 12:02:13

nothing in stock

lilysam Thu 29-Oct-09 12:19:05

There must be some very organised shoppers out there....or thier stock levels were very low to start with hmm

Bleatblurt Thu 29-Oct-09 18:37:14

Thanks for this thread. I went to Sainsbury's today and got some bargains. grin Though I am weak and gave DS3 his Timmy already. <<rolls eyes at self>>

Lilyloooohhhh Thu 29-Oct-09 21:17:14

How can they have no stock left on the first day hmm

allthreerolledintoone Thu 29-Oct-09 23:14:05

keep checking online girlies as it gets updated.I actually started this post and my kids slept in am gutted first time all week.Although i did get ds2 the wonderpets boat for £10 which i wanted, ben 10 watch £10.00, playdough £2.00 and few other bits for less then a fiver. They have lots of stock in store and are refilling daily although they have no idea what the stock is as they have so much its on til next wednesday i think.Think i will be one of those crazy shoppers thats visist 5 times a day to get the bargain i want! I may go late 2mor as they will want to be fully stocked for sat and no way am i going in on a sat-well i maygrin

janmoomoo Fri 30-Oct-09 10:09:43

Been online this morning and that is practically all sold out too! Do you think they will be restocking for online purchase?

allthreerolledintoone Fri 30-Oct-09 13:09:42

yeah they have on some items got to keep refreshing best going in store as there was alot more and alot cheaper too

mysteryfairy Fri 30-Oct-09 14:30:43

I think people waited up for the online sale to start and bought it at just after midnight when the sale went live.

I'd been tipped off by a member of staff I know about the sale and got up at 6 to be in the store for opening time at 7.

I thought I'd just have a look online to see if the sale was really happening before I left at about 6.35. I was amazed to see the sale online too. I was after sylvanian families stuff for my DD. By that time about 50% of the 33 items they carried online were sold out including all the big items except the department store. I know the night before nearly all the stock was available.

I managed to get the following for £77:

Sylvanian Families Persian Cat Family
Sylvanian Families Applewood Department Store
Sylvanian Families Day at the Seaside Sylvanian Families Village Gift Shop
Sylvanian Families Maces Mouse Family
Sylvanian Families The Caravan

It's been desptached today - hurrah smile

At 7.00 in the store there were a handful of people in the toy aisle. All the rest were (off shift) sainsbos staff. I spent about another £90 in store getting stocking fillers, stuff for some nieces and nephews and presents for three friends childrens birthdays I knew were coming up. Can't say exactly what I bought as I've had to leave it in the car waiting for a child free moment to sneak it upstairs - there's another approx £25 of Sylvanian family sets I know - DD's birthday is at the beginning of January so have hopefully covered that off too.

I texted my best friend as soon as I'd paid but by the time she got to the store at 9.15 the shelves were apparently well stripped.

It obviously paid to be really quick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now