Talk

Advanced search

Help me with ideas for DH's secret santa please!

(12 Posts)
Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 09:31:13

"What secret santa present can I get for £5-£10 for a quite sophisticated older lady?", says he.
I have been able to determine that 'quite sophisticated' = is always dressed very nicely and that 'older lady' = late 40s (shock, sorry, I know).
My brain has turned to mush and I'm pulling a blank. Any suggestions?

madeindevon2 Tue 27-Oct-09 12:00:53

scarf?

Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 12:09:59

Aye, maybe. Who knows what he means by 'well-dressed' though. A nice scarf is always well received though, no?

Katisha Tue 27-Oct-09 12:16:15

Decent chocolate.

Rindercella Tue 27-Oct-09 12:17:05

Bottle of Chablis?

bamboo Tue 27-Oct-09 12:17:44

Wouldn't try and second guess her style, go for wine!

Katisha Tue 27-Oct-09 12:20:09

Speaking as someone in that age bracket I would rather have something fun like choc or wine that something that someone thinks is age-appropriate for me...

Lasy year I got a hot water bottle in the Secret Santa. OK it was miniature and quite funky, but I dread to think why some 20-something in the office thought it was just right for me...

<Seeks counselling at last...>

Katisha Tue 27-Oct-09 12:20:35

THAN something, sorry

iheartdusty Tue 27-Oct-09 12:22:03

nice tights eg Wolford

nice handcream/manicure doodahs

<<I am assuming that you will be choosing for him, otherwise delete all the above>>

book if she reads

small notebook with pen

boodeniites Tue 27-Oct-09 12:22:34

i always get wine and i dont even drink i l would love to get nice smellies from Lush or something it quite freaky to be thought of as old woman sob

Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 12:33:55

Tricky. I shall have to get him to get further info re: whether she drinks etc!

HappyMummyOfOne Tue 27-Oct-09 12:57:33

Thorntons do a lovely box of Christmas chocolates for £5 - its a huge box and makes a lovely gift. You could always top up with a bottle of wine if you need to spend the full £10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now