Talk

Advanced search

How do you answer the question 'is there a santa?'

(9 Posts)
SingleMum01 Mon 26-Oct-09 17:08:53

DS (7) started asking last year - his friend had told him, but still believes. I reckon the question will come up this year again. i've never really liked going along with it - I don't like lying to him. I hope he doesn't ask me why I've lied to him for the last 7 years. What have others said when asked 'the' question?

EVye Mon 26-Oct-09 17:18:52

Ask him if he believes there is a santa? and perhaps tell him that santa exists to those who believe in him.

LilyBolero Mon 26-Oct-09 17:20:47

I say 'no, but it's a good story isn't it'. Never have done santa as reality, saves all the heartache when they find out it's not true.

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 26-Oct-09 17:20:49

It's not really a lie, is it?! It's a fantasy - and one which children should be allowed to enjoy for as long as they want to.

They will realise soon enough.

LuluDanceOnMyGrave Mon 26-Oct-09 17:27:43

Is there a santa? Yes, you! I say what EVye says, it's not a lie really, and it implies an element of fantasy.

shockers Mon 26-Oct-09 17:28:55

We say... " Where else do you think your presents come from?"

I think he knows really but he still humours us... hope he doesn't get teased about it at uni grin

colditz Mon 26-Oct-09 17:29:06

"For as long as the human race seeks answers to the inexplicable, then yes, there is a Santa"

pointyhat Mon 26-Oct-09 17:30:17

I don't think that many children actually come out with a direct question like 'is there a santa?' Maybe some very little childrne do. And if a very little child did, I'd say 'well, some people do believe in santa and it is a very beautiful exciting story, isn't it'

Melody4 Mon 26-Oct-09 17:30:49

Well I would just happily lie and say yes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now