Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas for a christmassy cake that a 2 yr old can make?

(11 Posts)
mmmmmchocolate Sun 25-Oct-09 19:17:25

I have decided that im going to make prezzies for the GP's this yr from DD. Were a bit short on cash anyway and they seem to prefer the hand made gifts that she makes for them. Im going to get her to do some pictures and give it to them as a calendar but I think something else is needed. My initial thoughts were for a Christmas cake, iced (obv I'll ice it not DD hmm) but it could work out expensive with the fruit, booze, marzipan, icing etc. Does anyone have any ideas or recipes for something that can be gifted, made approx a week before xmas - or even longer if poss the last time ill see my mum before xmas is the 9th of December - and last a few days at least after xmas day. Thank you smile

nightofthewakingdead Sun 25-Oct-09 19:21:02

Someone had a recipe for Xmas fudge on active convos recently - would that do?

cece Sun 25-Oct-09 19:21:31

yule log with chocolate butter icing

cece Sun 25-Oct-09 19:22:09

or christmas tree shaped biscuits that she could then ice

peppermint creams

Takver Sun 25-Oct-09 19:24:35

Marzipan sweets? Bought marzipan, a wee bit of food colouring, and then your DD makes it into shapes.

Coconut ice also good as no cooking - can't recall the exact recipe, but basically condensed milk, icing sugar and dessicated coconut (only for gps with sweet tooth!)

Chocolate truffles - you do need to melt the chocolate but only over a bowl of hot water, your dd could do the rolling into balls & rolling in cocoa

twinklytoes Sun 25-Oct-09 19:25:01

mince pies. I've got some lovely pics of my dd aged 2 covered in flour making pies with my mum.

how about making salt dough xmas decorations. you make and bake them then let your dd loose with a pot of glitter. thread ina bit of ribbon. your mum can then hang them on the tree and do the pround grandma bit when her friends pop over.

twinklytoes Sun 25-Oct-09 19:27:00

christmas fudge thread

mmmmmchocolate Sun 25-Oct-09 19:32:00

Thanks for your suggestions, I would love to make fudge with her but the inlaws have "simple tastes" and healthy eating issues hmm. I know they wouldnt touch them. Altough I could eat them grin Same for the yule log thats for me blush Peppermint creams last a while dont they? Thank you ill look into that, and I quite like the idea of the coconut ice and the mince pies. Im hungry now.... wink

mmmmmchocolate Sun 25-Oct-09 19:33:48

Thanks twinklytoes. drool!!!

kiwibella Sun 25-Oct-09 21:36:58

icing biscuits is a lovely idea. My dh made a gingerbread house with the girls last year. They loved it... especially the decorating!!

mmmmmchocolate Mon 26-Oct-09 09:39:45

Ive prebrought the gingerbread house kiwibella. Bargain from Ikea grin me and DD will ice it a few days before christmas!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now