Talk

Advanced search

I want a really nice Nativity Set - not that overpriced Willow Tree stuff where its a gazillion quid for a sheep

(17 Posts)
LaurieScaryCake Sun 25-Oct-09 14:11:16

but still something nice/environmentally friendly/fair trade ish

Any ideas smile

goryminx Sun 25-Oct-09 14:16:10

We have some of this stuff

Dp's aunty buys us a piece every year.... so it might possibly take until 2110 to have the full set but it is nice

oldraver Sun 25-Oct-09 16:04:10

This is a lovely place to buy from

christmasshop

wheredidiputit Mon 26-Oct-09 08:13:37

I got this one last year

OrmIrian Mon 26-Oct-09 08:16:03

Try Traidcraft. I bought some Peruvian figures for DH's neice and her new DH last Christmas.

EVye Mon 26-Oct-09 09:30:49

ok, not super env friendly but we got a plastic one from Avon a few years ago. The figures are durable and the kids love to play with them. They come out every christmas and so for the £5 they cost the actual cost per use/play is pretty low.

JetLi Mon 26-Oct-09 17:03:46

I've got the horn for this nativity-cum-advent thingy, but its a bit pricey...

JetLi Mon 26-Oct-09 17:06:25

Doh blush
Same one as wheredidiputit - is it nice in the flesh?

MamaGoblin Mon 26-Oct-09 17:28:28

This one's absolutely beautiful from Traidcraft, although a bit minimal. Half the fun's setting out all the animals!

They don't seem to do the lovely smaller Peruvian ceramic figures they used to sell, though.

This one's cute for children.

I love our one (despite being agnostic!) which came from, of all places, the now-defunct The Pier - the figures are made of resin but painted to look like old wood, and I bought a cheapo set at a christmas barn one year just so I could cannibalise the wooden stable for them!

JustGettingByMum Wed 28-Oct-09 09:32:24

Have you tried your local church christmas fair? Ours sell beautiful sets that are reasonably priced. They are sourced by the Sisters (nuns) in the parish.

twofalls Wed 28-Oct-09 09:40:15

I think I might get this one although not sure it ticks the fair trade box.

CMOTdibbler Wed 28-Oct-09 09:40:36

We've got this one. Horrifically expensive I know (my mum bought it for us), but it is beautiful and very tactile. It's also the sort of thing you don't go off, so will be around a long time

bigTillyMint Wed 28-Oct-09 13:19:58

Just found this - I love the dough set!

We have the ELC plastic set which has been played with so much every year, but now hte children are older, maybe we can move on?!

oldraver Wed 28-Oct-09 20:14:55

Ive found this one, the figures are really cute

burfordgardencompany

Wags Wed 28-Oct-09 20:22:53

We have got this brush one. Will try and find in in the UK, MIL got it from a stationery shop in Dorset. Its lovely, really lovely.

oldraver Wed 28-Oct-09 20:26:53

[http://www.sharedearth.co.uk/Ko-Bespoke/productlist.asp?cat=1/Christmas/Christmas+Decorations&gclid =CJqegarJ4J0CFVBd4wod32k4Mg some here as well]]

oldraver Wed 28-Oct-09 20:29:00

again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now