Talk

Advanced search

what to buy for my lovely Nan?

(9 Posts)
npg1 Tue 20-Oct-09 19:53:55

Im stuck, all she asks for are tops or DVDs. She cant get out much as has bad artharitis. I am wondering if anyone has an really nice different ideas please?

shopalot Tue 20-Oct-09 20:02:02

I bought my Nan perfect and protect from Boots. She was delighted.

bloodredcherrymonster Mon 26-Oct-09 01:01:28

nice scarf and gloves set? i bought a nice cream fleece set for my nan last year (she is 78) and she loved it. especially as her old gloves had fallen apart a few months previously

thumbscrewwitch Mon 26-Oct-09 02:30:41

where is her arthritis? If she hasn't got any heated pad things, you could get her one of those microwaveable wheat pillows with lavender or something - putting those on arthritic joints can help alleviate the pain and stiffness. If it's in her knees, you can buy special heated knee pads - they might help. If she doesn't already take glucosamine (and isn't allergic to shellfish) then you could maybe get her some glucosamine to take - again it might help with her arthritis. My grandad couldn't take it but he swore by garlic capsules for his arthritis, and he also had a Bioflow magnetic wristband that he wore all the time.

janmoomoo Thu 05-Nov-09 15:07:51

It is so hard!

I used to get my gran an absolute ton of shower gels/talcs/soaps etc and put it in a nice box, it would last her all year nearly.

Also sometimes I would get her an absolute ton of different magazines, and it took her ages to work through them.

I think I also used to get her Pot plants, individual baileys, chocolates, fluffy socks, a big box of books from the charity shop. Also good is a nice photo of you or family members in a frame which you can update each year.

spookycharlotte121 Thu 05-Nov-09 15:20:24

i think on boots website you can upload your own pics and create a personal calender.... something like that would be nice.

we got my gran a digital photoframe last year.... had it all ready with thepics on..... and we regualy update it with new pics. she loves it. hth

Leeka Thu 05-Nov-09 15:24:36

Magazine subscription?

cluccles Thu 05-Nov-09 15:28:51

was going to suggest magazine subscription too
digital photoframe a good idea too

I miss my gran sad

sdr Thu 05-Nov-09 16:03:56

Photobox.co.uk will make up Calendars with a different photo for each month. We used to do it for FIL and ask SIL & BIL for photos of their kids as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now