Talk

Advanced search

photo calendars-any hints or tips?

(10 Posts)
1dilemma Sun 18-Oct-09 23:38:50

have been meaning to do one of these for several years now and never quite got my act together!

Does anyone have any hints or tips? which type of photos work which don't? which companies you would avoid?

TIA

sunnyshine Sun 18-Oct-09 23:48:29

hi, i order blank calanders from baker ross then get children to draw pictures for some months and then other months stick photos on that way you get a mix and its really personal as children have drawn some! Product code is EX453!

bruffin Mon 19-Oct-09 00:02:43

I used Snapfish and you can upload and play around with the calender as much as you like, you can store the calendar as well, so don't have finish it in one go.

Using sunnyshine's idea you can always scan the dc's artwork and upload that as well.

Bucharest Tue 20-Oct-09 16:10:20

Vistaprint have a mega offer on at the moment- for only 99p basic price plus a couple of add-ons for postage and if you want colour date pages etc.
I usually get them done at Photobox (pay with paypal too) and the quality is brilliant I have to say- looks really professional...usually on a BOGOF so get them for both gramps.
Thinking of trying the Vistaprint to see if they are as good as they seem to be lots cheaper.

BirdyArms Tue 20-Oct-09 22:45:00

Lots of promotions on for these at the moment.

Bonusprint code is CALENOCT9 for 25% off until sunday, Snapfish OCTCAL09 for 50% off until the end of October, Photobox is EARLYCAL for 2 for 2 until the 22nd.

I've never ordered one before but am planning to this year. I've found photobox excellent quality for other things but don't really want two identical calendars.

aoifesmama Wed 21-Oct-09 14:45:39

These offers are great, so bumping!

Bucharest Wed 21-Oct-09 14:48:13

I've just had an email through again from Vistaprint saying loads of stuff is free today....don't know what the quality is like, but might try and find time to whack a few calendars together, after all, if they're rubbish, I can just bin them!

aoifesmama Wed 21-Oct-09 16:07:06

very good stuff from vistaprint - although postage tends to be quite high

handbagqueen Wed 21-Oct-09 16:41:05

I do a photo calendar each year from photobox.They are really great with some really nice modern designs where you can have multiple photos each month (helpful if you have more than one child). Also you can add photodays - where you can have a photo of the person on their actual birthday it makes sure you never forget a birthday.

Make fab christmas presents for the grandparents.

Bucharest Thu 22-Oct-09 08:25:31

Yes, the photobox ones are fabulous quality- I'm going to do them as usual, even though they are more expensive than the Vistaprint stuff, but I'm going to order a few things from Vistaprint as well. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now