Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want to help me with gifts for a 6 month old please and suggestions for a really nice book?

(13 Posts)
Cometrickortreatingwithme Thu 15-Oct-09 14:47:35

She will be going on for 7 months when it is Christmas.

I knwo she will not give a damn but I have to think of 4/5 presents for santa to leave for her because the older children are quite excited for her first Christmas grin.

I am also going to get her a lovely keepsake book so any ideas or links to one would be greatly appreciated.

LostGirl Thu 15-Oct-09 18:09:49

There are some nice affordable wooden toys here such as push along toys and stacking rings and things.

Cometrickortreatingwithme Thu 15-Oct-09 18:46:31

Thankyou that website is brilliant.

CornishKK Mon 19-Oct-09 16:37:03

Lostgirl - excellent website, thank you.

Tricky - how about a hardback Christmas book, The Snowman or The Night Before Christmas something like that - you can write a dedication from Father Christmas in the front? I read a post by a MNer about Christmas traditions, she said her family put away the Christmas books with the decorations so they only get seen/read at Christmas. I'm stealing that tradition!

kimlouiseb Mon 19-Oct-09 22:19:05

This is one of my favourite websites and has some gorgeous baby toys - the kind that will last and last.

Regarding books - we bought my DS1 a hardback Winnie the Pooh (had to be AA Milne - not Disney!)collection for his first Christmas similar to this. And a similar collection of Rudyard Kiplings Just So Stories for DS2 for his first.

We bought this for my nieces 1st Christmas and its really lovely.

But I have also bought these in the past for special gifts
Charley Harper's ABC

Counting by Alison Jay

Picture this by Alison Jay

They are board books, so not necessarily to put away till she's older but still beautiful enough to keep forever. I think books always look a bit better when they've been well-read and well-loved, especially children's books.

Hope this helps.

Mousey84 Mon 19-Oct-09 23:02:17

If you arent looking for a Christmas keepsake book, I got DD this for her first xmas. Its beautifully illustrated and the text is very sweet.

CornishKK Tue 20-Oct-09 08:24:41

KimLouiseB you are great at shopping advice!

Mousey84 will your book make me cry? I struggle to get through Goodnight Kisses for Daddy without my bottom lip quivering.

Cometrickortreatingwithme Tue 20-Oct-09 08:45:20

Thankyou everyone I have only just seen this thread and it has filled up lol.

The idea of the book is brilliant cornish thankyou.

Will look at other links in a while after morning rush has settled down.

JetLi Tue 20-Oct-09 08:53:13

Some nice things on here

Mousey84 Tue 20-Oct-09 13:26:16

It may make you a little weepy, but the illustrations alone make this book worth having. I cant find the book atm - it was in my daughters room last time I saw it...may not see it for several months yet.. lol

kimlouiseb Tue 20-Oct-09 21:30:36

This website also has some lovely things for little ones.

CornishKK you can tell I spend far too much time on the internet and far too much money on my children!grin

aoifesmama Wed 21-Oct-09 12:38:25

So pleased to have found this as DD will be coming up to 9 months at Christmas and the things on here are LOVELY!

MamaVoo Wed 21-Oct-09 14:10:44

My son was bought a book called Little Owl and the Star - a Christmas story when he was a similar age and loved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now