Talk

Advanced search

ideas for things to fill advent calendar drawers please

(12 Posts)
olivo Wed 14-Oct-09 14:29:05

DD1 is 3 and i have a lovely wooden father christmas advent calendar for her, which has little drawers. can anyone give me any ideas on little things i could put in them? i already have mini choc coins and santas but don't just want to put in chocolate.
TIA

Blackduck Wed 14-Oct-09 14:31:42

Depends how little the drawers are...we have put socks and pants in ds's in the past (fav character ones....). small toys/animals (brought a set of glow in the dark ones very cheap and put them in....). Hair clips/slides?

Katymac Wed 14-Oct-09 14:31:58

Pretty rubbers/pencil sharpener(safe one)/bobbles/hair ornaments/tiny ornaments(wimsies?)/tiny pencils/Christmas decorations

LostGirl Wed 14-Oct-09 14:33:36

We put in a piece of paper with something written on that we are going to do that day eg. make fat balls to feed the birds, write christmas cards, go and buy christmas tree, make paper chains, go to pantomime etc etc.

Blackduck Wed 14-Oct-09 14:36:05

oh lostgirl - like that idea!

LostGirl Wed 14-Oct-09 14:46:55

There was a great thread last year which had loads of ideas of activities you could put down, will try and find it.

NorbertDentressangle Wed 14-Oct-09 14:50:02

Glow in the Dark stars to stick on ceilings (some place sell them individually otherwise you can buy a box of them from Hawkins Bazaar).

LostGirl Wed 14-Oct-09 14:50:23

I think this is it.

olivo Wed 14-Oct-09 16:54:24

lots of good ideas, thanks. like the idea tat they don't all have to be material things, will add some activities too.

silverfrog Wed 14-Oct-09 17:06:50

we've got 2 small wooden Christmas trees for the dds, and decorations to hang on them.

we put the decorations for the trees inot the drawers, and they get to build up their tree each day

<am not an absolute killjoy re: choc btw, but dds are multiple food intolerant so have had to find other solutions>

freyasyummymummy Wed 14-Oct-09 17:09:27

we put coins in DD's and then she puts the coins in a money box each morning and then buys herself something in the sales!
Love your idea LostGirl!

olivo Wed 14-Oct-09 18:54:29

ooh, real money,she'd love that!
also reminded that i got a couple of tiny named decorations in the sale last year, can add those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now