Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is £40 too much for a Christmas stocking?

(28 Posts)
jennymac Thu 08-Oct-09 17:28:09

I love the Aspen and Brown personalised Christmas stockings and am thinking of getting one each for dd and ds this year. But at £40 a pop, they are a bit pricey. Does anyone know of similar ones that are a bit cheaper?
www.aspenandbrown.com/products/details.asp?id=366

norksinmywaistband Thu 08-Oct-09 17:35:46

I think you must have far too much money to even consider those, sorry, but mine have had £1 jobs from wilkos and we are now on the 4th year of use and they are still fine.

northender Thu 08-Oct-09 17:37:02

I thought from the title you meant stuff to put in the stocking! Yes far too much for just the stocking

boodeniites Thu 08-Oct-09 17:37:20

i think if you can afford it go for it they will last them a lfetime

Disenchanted3 Thu 08-Oct-09 17:37:49

They look like oven mitts!

boodeniites Thu 08-Oct-09 17:38:09

sorry meant to say Etsy have lovely cheaper ones too

ramonaquimby Thu 08-Oct-09 17:38:46

if you can afford it go for it - everyone has their own budget for stuff.

also check out notonthehighstreet.com - they may have sellers doing the same for much cheaper, and etsy.co. (or .co.uk?) not sure

ramonaquimby Thu 08-Oct-09 17:39:23

just saw the link and they ar hideous!! not worth £40! I take it all back smile

mogs0 Thu 08-Oct-09 17:39:56

I thought from your title the contents of the stocking were going to be £40!!

Are you crafty or have any crafty family/friends? I bet that'd be fairly easy to make.

My sisters had pillow cases to leave out for FC (not sure why I didn't have one too) and still use them now age 35 and 37!!

Disenchanted3 Thu 08-Oct-09 17:40:34

get one of these instead, they are kids!

mogs0 Thu 08-Oct-09 17:41:08

I'm so slow at typing!!

Inghouls2 Thu 08-Oct-09 17:42:25

well... they're very nice and everything... but you're not going to actually fit anything in them are you?
Look at the size of the prop presents.... tiny! I think you're dc's would rather have a cheaper bigger stocking with more in it!

sb6699 Thu 08-Oct-09 17:42:48

Okay, not hideous but not my dc's idea of a Christmas stocking. Must be red and have either Santa or a Reindeer on the front.

Studio normally do personalised ones but I havent checked out their stuff for a while.

If you google "personalised Christmas stocking", I'm sure loads will come up.

scattykatty Thu 08-Oct-09 17:52:14

I'm ordering the large personalised one from Mama's and Papa's. He had the small one last year but it was too small. The large one is £25 including personalisation.

Plenty I think!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Thu 08-Oct-09 17:59:52

omg I love that site....

MintyCane Thu 08-Oct-09 18:07:09

Wow shock I think that is way too much plus they are hideous.

Guad Thu 08-Oct-09 18:08:20

Is it empty?

Ledodgy Thu 08-Oct-09 18:08:55

ive got these ones from there theyre not personalised but look fab on the fireplace.

mazzystartled Thu 08-Oct-09 18:11:16

That's an outrageous amount, and they aren't anywhere near special enough

It is a piece of the proverbial to make them, and you can make them big enough for decently sized presents.

DS helped me choose the fabric for his and DD's and sat fascinated whilst I did it. He says every year delightedly, my mummy made it for me.

MintyCane Thu 08-Oct-09 18:14:44

A big red sock from Primark works for us blush

ramonaquimby Thu 08-Oct-09 18:31:23

i love those ones from aspen and brown

jennymac Fri 09-Oct-09 08:28:20

I know they might not be everyone's cup of tea but I think they are kind of old fashioned looking and timeless and the kids will keep them when they are older. Not sure that my dh agrees though! Will have a look through the other sites people have recommended and see if I can get something a bit cheaper though.

I like them a lot but ouch at the price.

Some lovely things on that site though, love these stockings, very traditional and up my street

Eddas Fri 09-Oct-09 10:52:44

I made my dc's which IMO are nicer since they were made by megrin I did it because my mum made mine and my brother and sister's when we were little and I loved it. I have followed exactly how she did it.

I was so upset when my Dad(or step-mother) chucked my stocking away when he movedsad I wanted to keep it as mum had made it. I really hope my dc feel the same when they're older. One of my fondest memories of christmas was my stockingsmile

Back to your op thoughblush <<I do tend to go off on oneblush>> I think £40 is far too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now