Talk

Advanced search

Which Wooden Dolls House?

(18 Posts)
PinkyDink Fri 02-Oct-09 12:08:46

Don't know which wooden dolls house (if any) to get my DD who will be 3. She always plays with them at friend's houses, but she has done this with other toys before and then when I buy it for her she just isn't as interested hmm

I like the ones on John Lewis and ELC, nice and bright as opposed to the Toys R Us one which is currently half price and incs lots of furniture. Has anyone tried painting the cheaper ones to brighten them up? Are they as sturdy?

Not sure what to do...

ZacharyQuack Fri 02-Oct-09 12:15:11

Le Toy Van Doll houses are gorgeous.

cherrymonster Fri 02-Oct-09 12:27:06

my mum bought the toysrus one for my girls last year. its very good, and you could always paint the outside, and paper the walls/flors inside to brighten it up.

FimbleHobbs Fri 02-Oct-09 12:52:12

We have this one from a small toymaker (he's lovely, we went to his workshop once)

http://www.michaelfrosttoys.co.uk/dolls-house.php

Not as fancy as others but DS and DD love it and its really sturdy.

Crackopenthebaileys Fri 02-Oct-09 13:08:38

This one is sweet homeshopping.24studio.co.uk/toys-games/indoor-toys/personalised/1/personalisedwoodendollshouse/1
I love that it can be personalised. My dd is only 21 mos, but at this price I'm tempted to get it for NEXT xmas!

Lilyloooohhhh Fri 02-Oct-09 13:10:01

We have the toysrus one it is very sturdy

Lilyloooohhhh Fri 02-Oct-09 13:11:54

This one is nice and bright and personalised

Crackopenthebaileys Fri 02-Oct-09 13:17:21

great minds think alike Lily grin

hocuspontas Fri 02-Oct-09 13:24:24

I can recommend Plan. We've had the 'Marlborough' and basement for about 10 years now - still bare wood and still looking good after lots of 'abuse'.

MintyCane Fri 02-Oct-09 13:35:13

We have a plan one it is eight years old and still looks like new even though it has been used a great deal.

PinkyDink Fri 02-Oct-09 16:46:36

Thanks everyone for your help.

I agree that the Le Toy Van houses are gorgeous, they also have several stockists near me so am going to go and have a look and check out prices.

ramonaquimby Fri 02-Oct-09 16:54:23

saw a gorgeous Play one at TK Maxx today - they often have them at good prices.

JojoAgogo Fri 09-Oct-09 17:49:49

I brought my DD the Toys R Us one last year and spent every evening for 2 weeks lovingly painting it, It looked great!

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Sun 11-Oct-09 19:19:28

we have the toys r us one too - you get soooooo much stuff with it - ours was never painted and looks fab still 3 yrs on.

nappyaddict Tue 13-Oct-09 19:37:09

Ramona how much was the one in TK Maxx? Did they have any that weren't pink?

The Toys R Us is a really good buy. We have it at playgroup and it's been here for years getting lots of abuse and still going strong.

VerityBrulee Wed 14-Oct-09 21:31:11

dd has bay tree house, which she adores, plays with it every day.

Even though she has furniture for it, she getting an upgrade this year, to this as she will love it.

LolaLadybird Tue 27-Oct-09 20:55:43

We also have the Plan Malborough house which we bought for DD when she was 2.5 (now 4) - the furniture is really nice and sturdy for that age. Tbh, she doesn't really play with it that much (possibly because it's in her room rather than downstairs) but DS who's nearly 2 plays with it most days when we're upstairs.

londonmackem Wed 28-Oct-09 21:33:58

Try the sue ryder shop - they are available online too and do lots of furniture

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now